Chapter Forty-Six - Final

*Completely Unedited*
++++

Nervous butterflies fluttered around my stomach, mixed with a dash of anticipation. Would this be it? Would this be the key? If we could find this invisible woman, would we be able to stop this madness with Grey forever?

I searched my brain for any way to find a way that would help us uncover Celia's location. Was there any way we could find her cell? The way I ended up in that cell last time was from touching my mother-something Grey deliberately planned to happen-and a spell put on her sent me there. I wasn't sure what spell that was and if it was possible for Vanessa or I to recreate it so that we could go back there. But there had to be another way; I wasn't about to let the only chance I had at stopping Grey slip through my fingers.

Suddenly, a memory flooded my mind.

"Do you have anything of Celia's?" I asked Vanessa, tapping my foot impatiently, only able to think of the feelings of triumph that would overwhelm me when I'd dealt with Grey.

Vanessa's eyes lit up after a moment.

"Grey me her watch once. I wasn't sure why, but I still have it. Something always struck me as odd about that watch so I just kept it."

"Can you go get it?" I asked, elation filling my voice. My heart pumped with anticipation. We could finally beat Grey. And he gave us the tool to do it; how ironic.

Vanessa nodded and spun on her heel, her curled, blonde hair flying in her wake.

With Celia's watch coming, I walked up to my mother and looked her in the eyes.

"Listen, we have a lot that we need to do right now but it shouldn't take too long," I explained. She smiled as I spoke. "Once we are finished with this task, we'll be back and then I'll get you back home. I don't think we'll be able to go back to a normal life but we can try. For the time being, though, you can stay in my quarters and maybe try to get some sleep."

"I think that'd be a good idea; I'm so tired I could sleep for a day straight," my mother answered, yawning at the mention of sleeping.

"I'm sure you could," I responded, just happy to have my mother back. As I thought about bringing her back to my quarters for safety while Vanessa and I were gone, a thought popped into my head.

"On second thought, you can stay in Vanessa's quarters. There was an . . . incident in my quarters and you wouldn't want to stay there after that."

My mother raised her eyebrows slightly but didn't question the matter any further.

"So are you and Vanessa . . . together?" my mother asked awkwardly, leaning against the wall and averting her eyes so she didn't have to meet mine. Was she uncomfortable talking on the matter?

"We're not exactly together," I answered, equally as awkward. A wave of gratefulness washed over my body for my mother not looking at my eyes directly.

When thinking about it, Vanessa and I weren't exactly together; both our schedules were a bit too busy for dating. Although I had feelings for her, I couldn't be sure she felt the same way. For all I knew, she was still manipulating me and working in Grey's favor. Unfortunately, I didn't have any other option at the time being. Vanessa was my only hope and I needed her to find and stop Grey, so I'd have to trust her.

"Well whatever's between you two, it's clear you have strong feelings for her," my mother explained, a knowing smile playing on her lips.

My cheeks felt hot and I nodded slowly. If she knew so much, I didn't need to tell my mother the whole story of our relationship.