- l e f t -

• n i n e

"Right this way Miss Kloss."

Karlie gave the kind waiter a smile as he led her to Taylor's reserved table for two.

All night and day she thought about it, more than excited to meet up with the love of her life.

Her hands suddenly sweaty out of pure nervousness, she just couldn't wait to see Taylor and her together again.

She decided that tonight was the night that she would tell Taylor absolutely everything, and there would no longer be any secrets between them.

This time her determination was strong, and her desire to be with the girl again was rising with every second.

But she wouldn't lie that she already missed her lips against her own.

"Here it is," the waiter helped Karlie with her chair,"would you like our reserved champagne or wait for your host?"

Karlie dismissed him with a smile.

"No thank you, I'll wait for her instead."

The man nodded and left her alone to anticipate Taylor's arrival, she just couldn't wait.

While she waited, she admired the table and its details.

A red fabric covering it, on it stood the silverware with delicate plates.

Right in the center, was a simple rose, it was the same color of the fabric underneath, everything was so romantic and simple.

This would be the best night, without a doubt.

. . .

It was 11:00 pm.

Staring at the silver clock on the restaurant wall, Karlie gripped the napkin in her hand.

Taylor was supposed to be there an hour ago.

She refused to believe that she wasn't coming, Taylor wouldn't do that to her, she couldn't.

Last time she remembered they left on good terms, so why was she taking so long?

It didn't matter, she'd waited enough.

Emerging from her chair, she bumped into the waiter on her way out.

"Miss Kloss? Aren't you still to wait for your host, Miss Swift is it?"

Karlie gave a chuckle, trying to shake off the embarrassment of being literally ditched.

"No it's fine, I'm going home maybe she had something come up."

"Alright then, we hope to see you soon Miss Kloss!"

Karlie smiled and turned back to leave, rolling her eyes as she did so, utterly annoyed with the fake kindness from the man.

Stepping out the front doors, the cold New York air flowing against her face.

Immediately the sting was felt around her cheeks, sure it would snow soon and she didn't like it.

As she walked home, she realized what she was doing.

Why wasn't she looking for Taylor?

What if something had happened?

Suddenly the worst thoughts came to her and mind. And it scared her to think of the possibilities that could've happened to her on the way to.

Instead of taking the Main Street to her apartment, she turned to walk on the way to Taylor's, just to check up on her. And if she wasn't there, she would search for her until night ends.