- l a s t l y -

• t w e n t y - n i n e •

"Karlie."

Cara faced the older girl as she stared out the window, attempting to ignore her.

"I know you. You're letting your pride get through the way of your happiness, you can't just throw it all away."

Gripping her fingers, she turned hastily, growing tired of thinking of arguments.

"You don't understand Cara! She wrote that fucking letter and ended it herself-"

"Karlie! For god's sakes she didn't write it by her own will! The crazy freak Josh made her do it!"

Karlie's eyes widened.

"What?"

"Didn't she tell you?! Josh has kept her contained in his apartment! She can't do shit without his bodyguards following her around, she's been tormenting herself trapped in that hell hole! It's like you don't know Josh, he threatened to hurt you if she didn't write it!"

Cara neared Karlie, forcing her statements vitality.

"She had no other choice, Karlie this girl loves you more than she loves herself. And you're going to let her possibly go and end her life back in New York just because you think she wrote this letter? Even if she had, look where she's standing at, here. In Paris far away from her home, and facing a demented loon for you!"

Her breathing was erratic, she had never explained herself more aggressively than she had now, but she just couldn't let this happen, for the sake of both friendships.

"Karlie don't let her go, not again."

"Not after what she's gone through. The girl is lost without you, haven't you seen her marks? She doesn't eat, she hardly sleeps. Her days are spent ghostly walking around Josh's apartment holding herself together. Not to mention the abuse he gives her, she has bruises wherever you focus, he works her till she can't keep her eyes open. Fuck, Karlie. If you don't save her she won't save herself."

Karlie couldn't believe what she was hearing, her eyes searched Cara's in hopes that all this she told her was a lie. But her eyes brows were concave, and her eyes seemed sincere, her lips in a straight line proved that everything she had said was nothing but the truth.

Her insides felt the guilt, in that moment she felt like screaming her heart out, run to Taylor, kneel down and ask for forgiveness.

Had she known Taylor had gone through all the she would've never done what she did.

Why hadn't Taylor told her? Why on Earth would she hide this kind of thing?

"Karlie, you have somewhere to be."

With a simple nod of her head, Cara held tight on her hand, and led her to the suite her friends were in.

"Cara, wait what am I going to say? Does she even want to hear from me?"

Karlie's nerves were kicking in and she felt herself doubting the plan, but the other blonde was quick to shut her up.

"Kloss, I'm not having this today. Just go in there and kiss her pain away."

As she was being dragged away off her feet, she felt her cheeks warm and eyes almost tear at the feeling of kissing Taylor again, after so long, she had almost forgotten what it was like.

They neared the beige colored door, but Cara's pace stopped as they got closer.

The door was half open, and there seemed to be a deep voice with the girls.