- r e n e w -

• f i v e 

The sun shined weakly through the clouds in the sky. Slowly, they began creeping on the light, and the wind began blowing gently as a few birds sang quietly.

Already, some trees had been bare of their usual green leaves, now filled with a distinct color pallet. Orange, yellow and red, adorned all around the soft green grass.

As the cool breeze blew outside, the two girls sat with a cup of coffee, discussing the topic which feared one of them.

Karlie wrapped her arms around herself, attempting at comfort as Lena touched the deep topic.

She had been invited the previous night to have breakfast with Lena, for she needed someone to talk to. That wasn't Josh.

Lena giggled, and raised her eyebrows teasingly.

"So, tell me what happened in that bathroom, Miss Kloss."

Karlie's heart plummeted.

"Shut up Lena, nothing, she hates me and that's all I know, she doesn't want anything from me."

The tall girl replied, feeling bitter and alone.

"When I saw her yesterday, she was so different. The glow in her eyes was gone and everything is just blank. She didn't even take my hand. She denied me a simple gesture, and it hurt."

Karlie sighed as she thought of everything Taylor had said.

She looked down at her coffee cup and traced her thumb on the side.

"I'm thinking of just leaving her to live her hatred, she doesn't love anymore."

Lena laughed loudly, knowing both of them well, and knew Taylor was just putting up an act. She extended her arm out and held Karlie's hand.

"Yes she does! Karlie, that girl loves you more than she loves herself. And her cats put together, I can see it in her eyes! My god-that girl doesn't go out because of you, you're her ghost, haunting her. She's just so resented and hurt she's too blind to see it."

Lena's words sounding almost angry through her back yard. Said so passionately, Karlie thought that maybe she was right.

"Karlie, if you give up on her, I'll lose all hopes in true love. She's waiting for you, she wants you to save her. She adores you, but she's throwing a little fit. Please, go after her. Don't let her down again."

Hearing Lena emphasize the word 'again', made her feel guilty.

But she was right.

She wasn't about to give up just now, when she had found her again and could love her again with such simple actions. 

Karlie had to make Taylor fall in love with her again, or at least try to open up again.

And that's what she was going to do.

Fixing her posture, Karlie boldly spoke.

"You know what, you're damn right."

"Give me Taylor's address and the number for the best flower store in all of Manhattan."

Lena sighed in relief, and nodded excitedly.

"Someone's going to get their girlfriend back."

- - - 

Karlie fixed the bottom of her dress, pulling it down since her movements up the stairs caused it to go a little over her accepted boundary.

Carrying a beautiful bouquet of simple flowers, she waited anxiously outside the door of the person she loved the most in the world.