Chapter 12

This chap is a little short I know sorry for that.

Mitch looks down at the weapons again. "But let me be clear, I'm allowed to use all of this?" He stares at Derek with wide eyes who nods.

They both put the protection against the sound on. (A/n I forgot what it's called lol)

Mitch smirks and grabs a mini Uzi and cloaks it. He quickly turns and shoots at the paper target, hitting right in the centre. He shoots a few times after that.

Mitch whistles, "this baby is amazing."

Derek chuckles, Mitch lays the Uzi down and grabs a M9 and does the same.

"Damn." Mitch smirks at Derek who grabs a katana. "Wanna spar?" "Duh!" Mitch yells excitedly. He grabs a katana himself.

Mitch ends up winning, Derek fell to the ground and lost his katana. Mitch smiles.

He could kill him right here and right now. Should he? He knows it's his mission but... he doesn't want to. Is that weird?

Derek uses this to pull Mitch into a kiss. Mitch drops his katana and kisses back.

They break apart. "I love you." Mitch says softly, this time meaning it. Derek smiles, "I love you too."

They get up again.

Derek grabs a M9A3 and tries to shoot. He misses the target by 3 feet. Mitch tries not to laugh, but fails miserably.

"Hey! Not all of us can shoot like a trained assassin!" That halts Mitch' laugh to a stop. "Wait no. Don't stop laughing, I'm glad you're laughing, I just made a joke." Derek attempt to make him laugh again because honestly that was the first time he actually heard him laugh again.

"Right. Right. Want me to teach you?" He smiles, Derek nods.

After an hour Mitch his stomach grumbles.

"Sorry." "No, I was kind of hoping you were hungry. I got some food." Derek dismisses Mitch' apology.

Mitch smiles again. Derek hold his hand out for Mitch to take. He gladly excepted the offer.

There was a whole table with food on it. As if it's a all you can eat restaurant.

Mitch his eyes go wide. "You didn't have to. I.." "you're right. But I wanted to."

Mitch smiles again. Maybe, no, he will definitely let his guard a little down near Derek.

Then it dawns on Mitch. When Derek finds out. He will be hurt. Very hurt.

He needs to tell him.

"Derek?" Derek looks up, "yeah?" Mitch looks him dead in the eye. "I uh." Derek smiles as if indicating to continue, Mitch tries to ignore the feeling he gets in his stomach. They're not butterflies. No it's dread. He's gonna hate me. "I... I love you." Mitch quickly says. Derek smiles, "I love you too." They grab some plates and start eating.

Mitch tries to shake the feeling of guilt off.  It's not working. He knows that if he keeps it longer from him, he might find out from someone else and will get hurt even more. He doesn't want to hurt Derek. He never really wanted to. He knows it's selfish not to tell but he's just so afraid. What would he even say? Hey I'm actually an assassin for the CIA and was sent to kill you and pretend to be in love with you but I really fell in love and don't want to kill you anymore, still wanna be my boyfriend? Yeah, as if that wouldn't hurt his feelings. But whatever would happen, however he would find out, Derek would get hurt anyways. Kate lied to him. Jennifer lied to him. And now Mitch. The one Derek should be able to trust.

I don't deserve him. Mitch thinks bitterly. Derek snaps him out of his thoughts. "Hey I know I'm not the best cook but it's not that terrible. Is it?" Derek becomes a little worried, Mitch just smiles. "No, no, it's perfect. Just like you."

Derek blushes slightly. "Hear the one talking." Derek says still blushing.

"Trust me Der, I'm nowhere near perfect." Mitch' smile fades a bit. "To me you are." Derek smiles and lays his hand on top of Mitch'. "I don't deserve you." Mitch says under his breath. Derek heard it.

"Hey." Derek walks around the table and used his thumb to lift Mitch' chin so he'll be looking in Derek's eyes. "Don't bring yourself down like that. If anything, I don't deserve you. I mean have you seen yourself? You're hot, damn good with a gun and knife, speak at least 2 languages, you're very smart too and you survived so much. I mean I don't know what exactly happened in those 13 months but I know it can't be good. You survived so, so, so much. You survived Peter, Gerard, Kate, the Kanima and Matt. You got through so many deaths. You Mitchell Rapp, are the strongest person I know and probably will ever know. You were strong as Stiles Stilinski but you're also strong as Mitch Rapp." Tears cloud Mitch' vision. No-one has ever said something like that to him.

"But I'm so broken." He whispers, "isn't everyone at least a bit damaged? You're just a little more damaged then others. Doesn't make you less beautiful." A tear slips, Derek smiles sweetly and wipes it away with his other thumb and caresses Mitch' cheek.

"But.." Mitch starts, Derek shushes him. "No, you're beautiful. No matter what. Do you hear me? No. Matter. What. Just like I will love you no matter what. I don't care if it would kill me, I would still do it. You. Are. Perfect." Derek smiles warmly again.

Mitch smiles as well. A few more tear slip but he doesn't care.

"You really think so?" His voice came out in a hushed whisper, full of disbelieve, sadness and it broke a little. "Of course I do. Why would I lie? I know you hate it when people lie to you." I'm hurting him so much by doing this. Mitch thinks sadly. He nods.

Derek pecks Mitch' lips. Derek smiles against Mitch' lips and Mitch returns the smile.

~~
Sorry for the short chapter