3: Doctors & Thinking

Elizabeth POV

*The next morning*

All the boys took the news really well. Niall was so excited about the baby that he couldn't stop talking about it. He started talking about names and the baby nursery and then getting a bigger house so that the baby could have a room. All of this and we haven't even gone to the hospital yet to make sure. "Ellie! Wake up!" Niall yells to me. "What Ni? Pregnant people need sleep too." I say rolling over. "Get ready to go. We're going to the hospital in an hour." "Fine." I got up and got ready. I took a shower and got dressed in some skinny jeans and a tee-shirt. "You certainly don't look pregnant in those clothes." Niall said laughing as I walked into the room. "Thank you? I think." I say laughing. "Ready?" Niall asked. "Yep, let's roll." Me and Niall got in the car and we arrived at the hospital in what seemed like a matter of seconds. "God Ni did you speed?" "I'm so excited Ellie!" He said acting like a little kid. He got out of the car and ran around to open my side. "Thank you babe." "You're welcome." He gave me a kiss. We tried to walk in quickly so Niall didn't get noticed, but that plan didn't work. A couple of fans saw him and asked for autographs and pictures he gave them all a picture and then we finally made it past the hospital doors. "We have an appointment for Elizabeth Ambers." Niall said to the lady at he front desk. "Yes, the doctor will see you in a minute. You can go and sit in the waiting room." We both walked and sat in the waiting room. We saw little kids running around and playing with the toys and stuff. I couldn't help but imagine mine and Niall's child playing like they are. This all seems like a dream. "Elizabeth Ambers?" The doctor asked. Me and Niall walked over to her and she took us to the room. "Ok so have you had any symptoms of pregnancy?" "Yes, I've had morning sickness and I haven't had my period for a while." "Are you the father?" She asked Niall. "Yes." He said instantly with a smile. "Ok so I'm going to need for you to urinate into this cup." She hard me a small plastic cup. I nodded and walked into the bathroom, did my business and then left. I handed her the cup and she walked out of the room with it. "Niall I am so scared." "Why?" "What if I'm not pregnant? What if I got your hopes up for nothing?" "Then we can keep on living as teenagers. And have a baby when we're older." He smiled then gave me a kiss. "So if I wasn't you wouldn't be mad at me?" "Never." He said then the doctor walked back in. "Ms. Ambers. We have the test results." "And?" Niall said with anticipation in his voice. "And we have confirmed that you are pregnant. Congratulations." Niall automatically jumped up and hugged me. I was still shocked. When I took the test I wasn't that moved but hearing it from a doctor really made it sink in. "I'll leave you to alone." She said politely stepping out. "I'm pregnant." I say with disbelief. "Yea, aren't you happy?" Niall asked concerned. "Yea I'm very happy. I'm just scared now." "About what?" "About me, it I'm afraid something could go wrong and hurt him or her. It would be all of my fault Ni." "Nothing will go wrong. What makes you think something will?" "Because I'm so young and I've never done something to this extent before." "A lot of first time mothers have never done this before. There has been a ton of girls a lot younger than you that have had perfectly healthy babies. I know for a fact that you will be fine." He kissed me again. There was a knock at the door again and the doctor walked in once again. "Ok Mrs.Ambers Mr.Horan do you have any questions?" "Yes do you know how far along I am exactly?" "Yes the test said almost 4 weeks. Any other questions?" "No I think that's about it. Thank you." Niall said. She nodded and opened the door for us. Niall helped me off the table and we walked out. We went out to the car and I just sat there. "Ellie what's wrong now?" "Nothing." A smile grew across my face. "Then why all happy?" "For one I have eight months till I'll have our baby in my arms and two I have a human being living inside of me Niall. I've always wanted to have a family and now it's really happening." "I can't wait for these eight months to go by." "Wait what month will it be in eight months?" "Well it's May so it should be December." "I can't wait either." I say with relief. This is maybe the first time I have actually been relaxed in about a week. Niall drove home and we stopped by Nando's on the way and ate that when we got home. Me and Ni ate and watched a movie and then I thought of something. "Niall, we have to tell my parents." "I forgot about them." "I did too, should we invite them here." "All the way from Kentucky?" "Yea they would like to see me and hear the news. I haven't seen them since my birthday." "El, your birthday was last month." "Yea and I miss my parents." Niall laughed. "Fine you go call them and invite them here for this weekend, I'm not busy then. All the boys can come over and we can tell them then." "Ok" I gave him a kiss and then ran to call my parents.

Niall POV

I had completely forgot about them. Now I have something else planned this weekend. While Ellie was sleeping lash night ones so excited about the baby that I started to look for bigger houses and I found the effect one. It's six bedroom, four bathrooms. I wanted to show it to her this weekend but I guess her parents are coming too. I got on the laptop to look at the pictures again. "Ni what are you doing?" Ellie said walking back into the room. "Nothing babe. I was just checking my email." I say trying to cover it up. I don't want to tell her, I want it to be a surprise. "Alright them." She said confused. "What did your parents say?" "They will be here Friday." "Babe, it's Thursday." "Then they will be here tomorrow." "Ok." She turned on Netflix and we watched another scary movie but I can't remember the name of it. I can't help but think about Ellie being pregnant. Sure on the outside I'm trying to stay positive for her and not to show her what I really feel. I'm so scared about this, what if I'm not a good father? I know she will be an amazing mother because her and I have babysat Lux before and she was perfect, but I don't think I can be half as good as she was. I'm so scared I will do something wrong and hurt the baby or her. "Niall why's wrong?" "Nothing." "I can see that you we're thinking about something and it seemed very important." "Nothing El." "Ni was it about the baby?" She asked sitting up from cuddling. I nodded. "Well what is it? I can answer any questions you have." "I'm fine." "I know you're not but give me your hand." I gave her my hand. She placed it on her stomach. "El what..." "Niall there is nothing you should be scared of. This baby in here is mine and yours. We are both in this together. Like you said nothing bad is going to happen to him or her." "Thank you Ellie." I kissed her. "Niall you can take your hand off my stomach now." She said laughing. "Oh yea sorry I'm just so happy that we are going to have a baby." "Me too just one problem." "What's that?" "My parents."