20: My Son & Questions

Niall POV

*6 hours since baby shower*

I left her in the room for two minutes and I came back to hear an even louder more ear piercing scream. I went back into the room to see her clutched to the side of the bed when she let out another scream. I rushed to her bedside and tried my best to sooth her.

"It's alright, everything is alright." I said brushing her hair back with my hand. "I thought I knew how much it hurt. I didn't. That was just an easy rehersal." She said making me laugh at how she can make a joke out of this.

"I love you. You know that?" I said. "I love you too Niall." She said trying to get back into a more comfortable state. "How far apart are they now?" I asked the nurse in the room. "About three minutes." She said.

"How much longer until he is here?" Ellie asked. "The doctor will come in and see if you're dilated enough and if so he will be here very soon." The nurse said walking out of the room.

"How long have I been here?" Ellie asked. "Well, it's been about 6 hours since the party." I said. "So what time is it?" She asked panicking a little bit. "It's 1 in the morning, why are you freaking out?" I asked concerned. "It's Louis birthday. I haven't gotten him a present." She said rubbing her forehead.

I began laughing. "What's so funny? He's my best fried and I didn't get him a birthday present." She said. "You're in extreme pain and the only thing you're worried about it a birthday present for a 21 year old man-child." I said. "Well he's important to me." She said and then screamed another scream.

I grabbed her hand and let her squeeze it to relieve some of the pain. Just then the doctor came in the room.

"Oh, Elizabeth Ambers." The doctor said looking at the clipboard and then looking up at her and smiling.

Why is he smiling!? She's in severe pain!

"So I see we are in the middle of a contraction." The doctor said. I gave him the look that you give somebody when they point out the complete obvious. "Yeah, she kind of is." I said. "Well lets see if it's time yet." The doctor said sitting a stool at the end of the bed and checking Ellie.

"Well I have some good news. I think it's time that we could start pushing." The doctor said with the world's most creepiest smile. "I'll got get the rest of the team and I'll be right back so we can get this over with." The doctor said as he left the room again.

"I can believe this." Ellie said. "What?" I asked. "I can't believe he's actually going to be here today. I mean I've thought about this day and tried to think about holding him for the first time but I just can't believe I'm going to get to hold him today." She said.

I've never thought about it like that. I will get to hold my son in the matter of an hour. My son that I've been waiting for for the past eight months. My own flesh and blood.

"Alright Ms.Ambers. Lets get this going." The doctor said as he walked in with three nurses following him.

Bridgette POV

I talked to the doctor before he went in there to her. He said it was time for her to have the baby.

I really want to be in there but El insisted that I stayed out here. She said that she didn't want me to see her like that.

But she would rather let Niall see her like that? I mean I know it's his child but El is like my sister I want to be with her.

My thoughts were obstructed by probably the loudest scream I've ever heard come from El's room. I jumped and put my head into Harry's chest.