17: Pain & Hospitals

Elizabeth POV

"Wait what do we need?! Are you in labor?! Where is the pain?!" Niall kept panicking. "Niall! Just please drive me to the hospital!" I yelled still in awful pain. "Alright, just come on." Niall said grabbing me by the waist and helping me down the stairs. Everytime I would feel the pain I would flinch, this made Niall scared. "What the hell Is going on?!" Harry yelled from the top of the stairs as he saw Niall and I. "Ellie is going to the hospital. Get Bridgette and the other boys and meet us there." Niall yelled as we finally made it out the door.

*****

Once I got to the hospital I was rushed into some room and hooked up to some things. Can't really remember much since it all happened so fast. "Ms.Ambers, how long have you felt this pain?" The doctor asked. "Since about 3." I said flinching again. The pain has calmed down a little but it's still there. "Have you felt any pain recently before now?" She asked. "Actually I've felt a little bit of pain in the same area for a few hours previously but it's never been this bad." I explained and Niall looked at me shocked. "Well, give us a few minutes and we will check and see what this could be." The doctor said exiting the room quickly. "Why didn't you tell me?" Niall asked angrily. "What? The pain?" I asked and he just nodded. "Because I didn't think it was anything, I thought it was him kicking." I tried to explain but the pain came back, full force making me yell out. Niall came right beside me and tried to comfort me anyway he could. He brushed my hair back and hummed to me, somehow this made the pain seem to ease away. "Alright Ms.Ambers. Let's see." The doctor said walking back into the room. As she checked me the pain didn't really come as bad, Niall was still humming. "Ms.Ambers? How far along are you?" The doctor asked as she moved the monitor around on my stomach. "I'm 21 weeks almost." I answered. "Well actually, your baby seems to be over developed for only 21 weeks, he's a little ahead of the game." The doctor said trying to make this into a laughing matter. Do I look like I wanna laugh right now? Didn't think so! "Do you know why she is feeling this pain?" Niall asked as another wave came over me. "Well from the position of the baby we've discovered that you've gone into premature labor." The doctor spoke and my heart sank immediately. "What?! No!? He'll die! I can't let that happen!" I yelled raising myself from my current position. "No Elizabeth stay still." Niall said, I could hear the concern in his voice. I knew that he knew exactly what I said will happen. "I'll have to excuse myself for a minute." The doctor said leaving again. "Niall! I can't let Colin die! Sure this was all unplanned and a huge surprise but he is ours! There has to be something they can do! I love him Niall! I can't let him die! We can't let him die!" I screamed on the top of my lungs along with tears flowing down my cheeks. "Elizabeth, calm down. You need to relax, stress is just going to make it worse on him. I can go see if they can do anything." Niall said and I could see the tears in his eyes. As he walked out of the room Bridg and Haz walked in. "What's happened?" She asked concerned while rushing to my bedside. I couldn't speak, I was crying too much. From the recent news about Colin and the pain waves rushing through my body. "Niall what's wrong with her?" Bridg asked Niall as he walked back into the room. "She's in premature labor, Ellie they are trying to come up with a safe way to solve this." Niall explained to me. I could see in Bridg's eyes she knew what this could do to Colin. Niall began humming again, making my tears stop flowing. I was just thinking now, about my current state and Colin. I really can't loose him. It would kill me on the inside to know I killed my own baby. That thought made the tears come back. "What are you thinking Ellie?" Niall asked me quietly. "It's all my fault. It's my fault that this is happening right now. My body decided to go into labor." I said making myself feel worse. "You had no control over this Elizabeth. Don't you try to pin this on yourself. You couldn't have stopped this if you tried." Niall said. "Ms.Ambers, we have come up with a solution to this problem." The doctor said coming back into the room. "What is it?" I basically begged. "We can give you magnesium sulfate. This will keep the labor from starting again." She explained. "I'll take that, please." I said. "But there is one thing." She said shamefully. "What is that?" Bridg asked. "You're going to have to stay here, at the hospital until it's time for the baby to be due."