Years Later...

14 Years Later

Three children ran through the woods, looking as if they were running for their lives. They finally had to come to a stop to catch their breath. A little girl with black hair looked up at who seemed to be the oldest boy. The boy was tall with messy black hair and green eyes.

"Do you think they followed us, Will?"

"Pssh- followed us? I'd like to see them keep up with us for once!" A kid with blond hair and brown eyes remarked.

"I wouldn't be so fast to talk, Charlie. Need I remind you what happened last time?" The older boy, Will, said.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. That was stupid. All we did was take some pie from the kitchen."

"Yeah, but mother and auntie Gwen said not to."

"Rules were made to be broken, Amber."

"That's a stretch, Charlie."

"Says the one who just pranked Uncle Percy!" Charlie defends himself against the older boy.

"Are you three causing mischief again?"

They all turn with wide eyes to see who's talking. Sir Gwaine is there leaning against a tree with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Uh, Gwaine!" Will starts. "We were just taking a nice stroll through the woods."

"A stroll through the woods, I see. That doesn't explain why Percival's sword shrunk and Leon's cape is blue."

Charlie and Amber giggle in the background, while Will tries to stumble his way through some made up explanation.

"Umm... the sword shrunk? I mean I've never seen a sword shrink before. Are you sure he picked up the right one? And I mean the cape could've been washed with a bunch of blue stuff. I don't really see what this is has to do with us."

Will crossed his arms and gives the most innocent look he can muster. Gwaine shook his head looking at the ground. Then he started to laugh. The kids relaxed and laughed with him.

"Don't worry kids. You won't be receiving any trouble from me. However, I would look out for your father though," Gwaine grinned at Will and Amber.

"Our father?"

Suddenly all the kids felt their feet being pulled out from under them and lifted up. Just like that they were all in the air hanging upside down by their ankles. Amber and Charlie squealed and giggled at the fact that they were in the air. Will had his arms crossed trying to look annoyed, but before long he broke out in a smile as well.

Merlin stepped out from behind a tree laughing his head off. Merlin now had slightly longer, wavy hair and he had a short beard. Beyond that, not much had changed over the years. Still mischievous, even with his own children. He walked over and put his hand on Gwaine's shoulder, who was laughing to the point of tears.

"Now I believe that's how you pull off a good prank!"

"Daaaaad..." both Amber and Will said in unison.

"Hey! After what you kids pulled this morning, I think that this is pretty mild as far as punishment goes."

"Uncle Merlin, we were just having a bit of fun!" Charlie whined.

"And what would you call this?"

"Cruel and unusual punishment," Will remarked. The other two kids snickered.

"Cruel and unusual? Well, I think that's a little harsh."

Merlin's eyes flashed gold and Charlie and Amber did a little flip in the air before they were set safely on the ground. Amber stumbled a bit and fell, but they both ended up laughing.