Roughhousing

Literally have no idea what to do for chapter titles. None. But this is mostly a fun chapter. Shoutout to @moonlight581 for giving me this request! Hope you like it!

Morgana and Merlin are just taking one of their many morning strolls through the palace. Despite all the time they have together they still cherish those calm, quiet moments between the two of them. They stroll through the halls laughing and talking and saying hello to people as they pass by. This morning, the pair is particularly cheerful, though most of the palace has no idea why. One could practically see the joy radiating off of Merlin as he stares at Morgana. Morgana herself looks like she could burst into song.

"I can't believe this! You're absolutely certain?" Merlin half-whispers excitedly.

"Of course I am! I've thought it could be for a few weeks now, but now I'm sure of it."

"I can't believe this! Soon me and you will have-"

"I know! It's wonderful! I can't wait for everyone to find out," Morgana smiles dreamily.

However, for some reason Merlin stops. He seems to be contemplating.

"Wait- Morgana, you don't think Arthur will, you know, freak when he finds out."

"Oh Merlin, of course not. He'll be absolutely delighted... eventually."

"Eventually?"

"Well, since he has kind of taken the role of my brother, he may be slightly freaked out."

"Oh goodness. Well I'm sure if we tell him together he should be fine. Have you told anyone yet?"

"Only Gwen..." Morgana replies hesitantly.

"Wait- you told Gwen?!"

"Of course I did. We figured it out together only yesterday."

"Morgana, if Gwen knows then Arthur is bound to find out! He could kill me!"

"Oh Merlin, he has no reason to kill you. I'm sure he doesn't even know yet. And even if he does I'm sure he took it just-"

"MERLIN!" They hear Arthur yell from behind them.

They both turn to look and see Arthur running down the hall towards them. Merlin and Morgana meet eyes with each other before Morgana yells,

"Run!"

So off Merlin goes. He doesn't know if he had ever run so fast in his life. He knows that however fast he runs, however, Arthur can run faster. He tries taking some sharp turns and going down stairs to give him more of a lead, but Arthur is still right behind him. Merlin makes it just outside the castle doors into a patch of grass before he feels Arthur jump on him. Merlin lets out a yell as he is tackled to the ground. Arthur flips Merlin over to face him as he has Merlin pinned to the ground. All Merlin can do is try to catch his breath as he looks up at Arthur in fear. Struggling is pointless.

"Merlin you had better explain yourself right now!"

"Umm... if you haven't noticed I have just been tackled without a prior conversation in need of explaining. Would you please enlighten me as to why I am pinned on the ground?"

Well if he can't fight he might as well sass Arthur to no end. Unfortunately that does not make Arthur's mood any better.

"You got my sister pregnant?"

"Your sister? My wife!"

"So? Just because you married my sister doesn't mean-"

"Actually I think that's exactly what it means-"

"DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T TELL ME!"

"I didn't get the chance!"

They both stop catching their breath. Merlin starts to wear his signature smirk, finding the whole situation hilarious.

"Merlin..."

"Yes, Your Heaviness?"

"If you are any less then the best father to my niece or nephew, I will kill you."

Finally, Merlin starts laughing relief washing over him. Arthur finally gets off of Merlin and sits beside him, also cracking up. After all the energy they had just let out, neither of them could really focus on anything other than laughing at the current situation. After about a minute they start to calm down and catch their breath.

"Well, you lasted longer than I expected," Arthur chuckles. "And your face was priceless."

"Can you blame me? You looked like you were about to murder me then and there!"

They both chuckle.

"Wait- did you just call me Your Heaviness?"

"What? I spoke nothing but the truth!"

Arthur shoves Merlin which results in Merlin trying to shove Arthur. Just before they get themselves into an all out wrestling match, they hear a shout from behind them.

"What did I say about roughhousing?!"

They both turn eyes wide with fear. Both Gwen and Morgana are standing in the doorway, looking fairly unimpressed. It was Gwen that had just yelled at them.

"Arthur started it!"

"I heard," Gwen replies, eyeing her husband.

"What? I was just giving Merlin and bit of a hard time."

"Well that's enough. We can't have the father of our new niece or nephew getting hurt."

She finally stops looking mad and gives Merlin a warm smile. Then she walks up to him, giving him time to stand, and embraces him in a big hug.

"Congratulations! I'm so excited for you."

"I'm excited too, for the record," Arthur states.

"Really? I couldn't tell after you trying to kill me!"

"Oh Merlin, stop exaggerating," Morgana teases.

Merlin scoffs, earning laughter from the other three present.

"So..." Arthur starts, "at some point you all will have pick out a name. You know, I've always been fond of the name Arthur."

All three burst out into laughter. Both Merlin and Morgana give Arthur a playful shove. This child is going to have the craziest family known to man.