Wedding Bells

For the life of her Morgana could not recall ever being this terrified, excited, overjoyed, and nervous as a combination in all of her life. Gwen made it look so easy on her wedding day. Of course, Gwen always has an air of peace about her. How could Morgana be so anxious about something she had been waiting for for so long? She stares at all the jewelry strewn all over her bed. She basically has the dress on, just without the fastening done. And somehow it is her wedding day and she still has not managed to pick a necklace!

At that moment Gwen walks in Morgana's room looking as radiant as ever. Of course that's probably due to the fact that two of her best friends are getting married. Morgana let's out a sigh of relief and embraces Gwen in a hug.

"Gwen I'm so grateful to see you! I still need to fasten this dress and pick a necklace and do my hair and- oh goodness! Were you this nervous on your wedding day?"

"Probably more," Gwen chuckles.

"Well you didn't look like it! Oh Gwen, I'm a mess! What if this is all wrong? Merlin's a good man, and I've done so much! Gwen what if I'm not good enough-"

"Now you stop that right now. Morgana, when Arthur married me I was a servant. Love is not limited by our status or by what we have done. Merlin loves you, and that's enough."

Morgana sighs.
"Thank you Gwen. You're so good to me."

"It's my pleasure. Now, let's see about getting you all ready."

***

"Merlin! You are not allowed to help me get ready for your wedding day!"

"Well if you're going to be standing next to me I expect you to look nice! Goodness knows you are practically incapable of getting ready in your own. Besides, it's fine. It's calming."

"Calming? Me? Okay, what is this really about?"

Merlin stays silent. A dawning realization falls on Arthur. Of course Merlin is nervous. It's his wedding day!

"Merlin, everything will be perfectly fine. The ballroom is all set up, thanks to you I have my clothes, Gwen is with Morgana, and Geoffrey is prepared for his speech. There is nothing to be worried about."

"I know. It's just insane that this is all happening. I mean I'm about to marry the lady Morgana. I'm just a servant-"

"Actually you're the Court Sorcerer."

"I'm not even worthy to be that!"

"Merlin, we are not having this argument again on your wedding day! Do you love my sister with all your heart?"

"Of course!"

"Then that's good enough for me. Now come on. It's time to get the groom ready for his big day."

***

Merlin looks down the aisle separating the two groups of people with tears in his eyes. Arthur had volunteered to give Morgana away, so he is walking down the aisle arm in arm with Morgana. She looks absolutely stunning. She is wearing a beautiful, lacey white dress that fits her form perfectly. Her hair in an updo showing her crystal earrings. However, Merlin is paying attention to almost none of that. Her eyes are what catches him. Her eyes are sparkling with tears of excitement and love. He knows that he is about to marry the love of his life, and that in itself is beautiful.

As the ceremony begins all of their greatest supporters look on in pride. Arthur gives Merlin a smirk as he falls in line behind him to be Merlin's best man. Gwen can hardly contain herself, so overcome with pride and joy. Hunith is in the front row with tears in her eyes, seeing her son in his dark blue Court Sorcerer uniform marrying the girl that he fought so hard for. The whole ordeal is incredibly joyful. There are floating lights throughout the room held in place by the druids attending. In a word the room looks simply magical. Nearing the end of the service, the room starts to shuffle with excitement. The lights held by the druids even start to dim just a bit.

Geoffrey finally declares,
"You may kiss the bride!"

Morgana gives Merlin a smirk raising her eyebrows, almost as a dare. He, of course, takes it. He wraps his arms around her as he draws her in for a kiss. As their lips meet the air glows around them, much like the first time they ever kissed. Wisps of magic can be seen all around the room in golden swirls, but the brightest is where Merlin and Morgana are. The whole room gasps in awe. When they break apart Merlin and Morgana stay there for a second looking into each other eyes as the glow in the room starts to die down.

"Looks like you're mine now, husband."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, wife."

The room breaks out into cheers reminding them that they are still in front of everyone. They both giggle at each other turn to face the crowd, hand in hand. The room continues to erupt for who knows how long. There is clapping and crying and magical fireworks set off by the druids (harmless of course since they are all still inside). Everything is perfect in the eyes of all. After the crowd finally begins to die down, Merlin and Morgana walk out, arms linked.

The feast is again and glorious time. Merlin and Morgana find themselves next to Arthur and Gwen. They laugh and joke just as old times. There is music and dancing in which Merlin tries his very best not to embarrass himself. At some point the night turns into a display of magic. Merlin and Morgana go back and forth with spells, their magic complimenting each other perfectly. A Druid would hop in from time to time with a display of their own.

After a long night of magic, fun, and laughter everyone begins to retire for the night. Eventually the room is left with only Merlin and Morgana, taking in one last dance for themselves.

"A moment alone," Merlin sighs.

"You do know we'll be alone tonight, right?" Morgana chuckles.

"We better be!" Morgana full on laughs at that.

They both go quiet, stealing a moment in each other's eyes.

"Are you happy?" Merlin asks his bride.

"I've never been more happy in my life," she smiles up at Merlin drawing him closer.

"I love you, Lady Morgana."

"And I love you," she leans in close to whisper in his ear, "Emrys."

He laughs and pulls her into a kiss.

Finally!! It took a while to actually write, but here you go!