Chapter 18

Niall's POV:

I was so tired.  Maybe the jet lag had finally caught up with me, but I was literally exhausted.  Harry and I had made it into our room, I immediatly kicked my shoes off, stripped off my shirt, and threw myself onto my bed.  Harry went for a shower.

I rolled over to my back and looked at my twitter feed on my phone.  Fans were so excited that we were back in LA and excited that we were going to be performing at the VMA's.  Ontop of that, our fans were in a nasty head to head battle with Justin Bieber's fans on who was going to win a fan voted award, from the looks of it, things were starting to get ugly. 

I was sending a couple texts out to my dad, brother, and a few friends back home when Harry came back out of the bathroom wearing only his boxers and a towel wrapped around his head.

"Thought you were going to sleep?" he asked.

"This is the part I hate most about jet lag, mate. No matter how tired I feel like I am, as soon as I lay down...I can't fall asleep."

"Same here," he shrugged.  "That's why I don't even bother to lay down."

"Have  you been on twitter?" I asked.

"Nah," he said, pulling a shirt over his head and then stepping into a fresh pair of jeans. "I haven't been on at all today.  Have I missed something?"

"Not really. The voting's still going on."

"Yeah," he nodded, drying his hair then fluffing his curls with his fingers. "My mum said it was starting to get pretty nasty."

I nodded. "I hate things like this, because-"  I was interupted by a knock at the door.  Harry threw his towel onto his bed and walked over to open it. 

"Hey Lou,"

"Hey," Louis came inside. 

"Aren't you supposed to be...doing something?" I smirked.

"Very funny," he rolled his eyes.  "Is that all you think about?"

I laughed. "Not really."

"You okay?" Harry sat down on the edge of his bed.  It didn't take long for me to notice what Harry had.  Louis had a look on his face that I recognized, something was troubling him.

"Not really," he replied, scratching at the back of his neck.  His jaw was clenched.  He wasn't troubled...he was pissed off.

"What's going on?"

"First off, I think I'm gonna stay in with Becca tonight, so I won't be going out to dinner with you guys."

"We're not going out," Harry replied. "Paul text me, he's gonna order pizza for all of us.  Apparently, Becca promised the fans that we'd spend some time with them."

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's cool! Pizza before I get climbed like a tree!"

"Oh," Louis nodded. "What time are we supposed to be going out there, then?"

"Becca didn't tell you?" Harry asked. "It's up to her."

"She's sleeping," he replied. "She's had a long day."

Harry made a face, scrunching his eyebrows. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine.  I'll let her sleep for a bit, then I'll find out when we're going outside." he turned back toward the door. "See you boys in a bit."

Harry turned to give me a look, then sighed and stood to his feet.  I watched as he followed Louis out the door.  I knew the two of them were close and I was thankful that Harry had gotten up to follow him, because whatever the problem was Harry would be the first person that Louis would talk to about it.