Chapter 37

Zayn's POV:

"Who's going to tell me?"

I looked next to me at Harry, finding him looking down at his hands in his lap.  I looked back up at Simon and sighed.  "Simon...it's not that big of a-"

"IT'S A HUGE DEAL!" He shouted. 

I winced.  I hated when he yelled.  Fortunetely, it didn't happen often, but when  it did it was....well, horrible.  We were all in Simon's office, Liam and Niall sat on the couch across from Harry and I, with Louis sandwiched between them. 

We had arrived back to London just the day before. As soon as Eric was taken away by the German police, Louis swore Paul and the rest of us to secrecy about the whole ordeal.  He claimed he didn't want it to cause any more unnecessary drama.  Unfortunetely...things always manage to leak out to the press. 

"Simon," Louis spoke from his spot on the couch across from me and Harry. 

"Oh, are you finally going to speak up?" Simon looked at him, eyes wide. 

"What do you want me to say?"

"I want you to tell me what happened!" he pointed at him, then looked around the room. "And where the hell is Becca!?"

"It's simple, really.  Germany was loads of fun." Louis sighed and sat up on the couch, perching his elbows on his knees.  "And, she's....indisposed?"

"Cut the bullshit, Louis," Simon cut his eyes at him.  

"Basically, I think since it's all over there's not really a need to discuss it?" Harry said softly. 

"Basically, no one asked you," Simon mocked him and then turned to Liam.  "What happened?"

Liam shrugged. "I honestly have no idea.  I wasn't involved."

"Me neither," Niall added. "Can I go?  I'm starving."

Simon groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Is anyone going to explain to me what really happened?  Guys, come on...I have to know in order to know how to handle all the media coverage that this has ALREADY gotten."

Louis shrugged. "You can start by just letting the fans know that I wasn't shot in the head," he pointed at the stitches on the side of his head. "Obviously a couple stitches wouldn't fix a bullet wound."

Niall chuckled and Liam bit his lip, trying to keep himself from laughing.

Finally, I gave in.  I just wanted to go home to Perrie and get some sleep, tired of playing the game. It's not like Simon didn't deserve to know.  I looked up at Simon and sighed.  "Becca's ex-husband-"

"You mean her current husband?" he corrected and leaned against his desk, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Yeah. Him." I nodded and shrugged when I found Louis glaring his eyes at me.  "He followed us to Germany...he took Louis hostage-"

"He what!?" Simon's eyes widened and he quickly looked at Louis.

"That's only because Louis snuck out in the middle of the night to go talk to Eric though," Harry explained. 

Louis quickly looked at me and Harry, shaking his head. "Thanks, lads."

"Are you gonna let them tell me, or are you gonna speak up at some point?" Simon growled. 

Louis sighed, stood up, and moved toward the window.  "Fine...I'll talk."

"Let's hear it," Simon nodded. 

Louis turned back to the rest of us and forced a smile. "Can I talk to Simon alone, lads?"

Liam and Harry stood to their feet and started moving toward the door.  I gave Louis a nod and moved toward the door. "I'm going home to see my girl.  Call me or text me, okay?"  He gave me a nod.