Chapter 16

~*~*~*~*

Zayn’s POV:

“Who the fuck are you?” Eric snapped.

“My name’s Zayn,” I shrugged.  “But, you can call me ‘the guy who’s going to kick my ass if I touch any woman like that again’,”

“I recognize you,” he said with a smug chuckle. “You’re one of the boy band kids.  You don’t scare me in the least.”

“You need to leave,” I advanced toward him, puffing my chest out.

“This is my wife,” he snapped and grabbed Becca’s arm and pulled her towards him.  “I’m more than welcome here, right baby?”

“Eric,” she choked out.  “Leave. Please…just leave.  You’re embarrassing me.  This is my job…please, just go.”

“Fine,” he shrugged. “We’ll talk about this tomorrow.”

“You okay?” I asked, locking Becca’s door as soon as that douchebag walked out of it.

She had her back turned to me, her arms crossed over her chest.  She sniffled, then turned around, wiping her eyes.  “I’m sorry.”

“What?” I raised an eyebrow. “Sorry for what, love?  You have nothing to be sorry for.”

“I didn’t know that he was gonna follow me,” she said, tears falling from her eyes once more, her voice becoming raspy as she fought so hard to keep from breaking down.

 I stepped closer to her and gently grabbed her hand, pulling her against me.  I looped my arms around her shoulders, giving her a firm hug.  “What the fuck was that about?”

“We’re in the middle of a divorce,” she explained, resting her head against my shoulder.  “He doesn’t want to let go.”

“Well, I think it’s pretty obvious that you don’t want him.  Maybe he should accept it before I have to re-arrange his face.”

She lifted her head to look at me. “You wouldn’t.”

I smirked. “You don’t know me well, love.”

“I’ll handle it,” she replied. “Please don’t do anything stupid.”

“I’m sorry,” I sighed. “I just don’t do well with seeing women treated like that.”

“I’ve grown used to it,” she sighed and pulled her hair into a ponytail.

“No one should ever be ‘used’ to that,” I shook my head. “You’re better than that.”

“I know,” she nodded. “That’s why I left.”

“Why didn’t you tell us that you were married?”

“Because I don’t consider myself to be,” she replied. “Our divorce should already be finalized, he’s just too focused on getting whatever he can out of me so he keeps holding it up.”

“Hm,” I nodded.  “Has he always been violent?” I asked, then realized what I had just asked.  “I’m sorry it’s none-“

“Not always,” she replied.  “Just toward the end…when he realized I wasn’t just going to sit in a corner and let him cheat on me anymore.”

“I’m so sorry,” I sighed. “Men can be such-“  I stopped mid-sentence when the door that lead to Louis’ room opened and he walked in.  He was in a pair of pajama pants, carrying a pink daisy in his hand.