Chapter 6

With the sun shining at its full glory, and the birds chirping it was just the perfect way to start the morning on a beautiful day. With Shahil's school's winter Christmas vacation on the Go, the kid was still lost in the dream dating probably his other classmate from many. Planting a soft kiss on top of his temple, Annika left the home after making sure all his necessities for the day were in his reach. 

While walking on the roads of her chawl she could feel the Christmas vibe very much alive. With the lanes decorated with the confetti and other decorating ornaments, it was looking so vibrant. She could smell the delicious fruity smell coming from the bakery that drew a beautiful smile on her lips. She still remembers how Shahil's parents will bring a cake on Christmas for her and the then-toddler Shahil who will jump on the cherries first. She smiled softly with those fond memories. How she wishes, if not her birth parents at lest Shahil's parents were there. Life would have been different. Yes, she would still remain an orphan, but she wouldn't be deprived of love and care like she is. But dreams are dreams for a reason cause they aren't real. And so do her wishes of a loving, caring family. 

Shrugging her shoulder she started walking again. She had to walk for another 30 minutes, thanks to Champa's (Annika's scooter) last-minute betrayal. On reaching the auto stand, she hailed on for her to take her to her destination. 

Upon entering the gate, she felt something different. As something was calling out to her. Something pleasant. This was a weird day altogether where she had all the impending tasks for the Big New Year Bash.

___*_*___

It was an unusual day for the Oberoi Scion, the Shivaay Singh Oberoi. The mighty king, who had everything planned in a certain systemic order was unsettled, for the first time in his life. 

It was a first for him, to stay awake the whole night while everything was perfect at the office. It was a first for him to feel this nervous about others' reactions over his decision. If not others, he wanted to be careful about Dadi. This is the first time he decided without letting his strongest pillar have a clue about it. His Dadi had no clue when he was doing it all, nor he said anything last night. And he wonders if his Dadi will be happy about his decision.

He was worried about the other two people as well. His uncle and mother. Another two important people who had been his support system throughout his life. The people who were never really vocal about their love, who was veiled in a mask of arrogance. But deep down, he has always been there whenever he faltered with his steps. Whether it was stepping into the business or a hard day at his office. They were always there to guide him towards the right path. Not to save him when he was falling, or helping him in healing. They had been there to dust him off and provide him with the courage to get up on his feet and run even faster. and he wished he will not let him down this time.

Breakfast had been a silent affair at Oberoi Mansion this morning. A complete contrast with the usual Christmas week vibe in the mansion. With Shivaay calling them at the hall after breakfast didn't sit well with anyone. Well, it wasn't regular when Shivaay Singh Oberoi won't cook the family breakfast or come down to enjoy his first meal of the day with his family. It was the brother's jovial banter along with the older generation taking part that kept the family alive all this time. With Shivaay locking himself in his room they were probably dreading the worst.

It was almost half an hour later when all the family gathered in the hall. With Shivaay standing near the stair with eyes downcast and his hands at his back, and him looking at the door from time to time it was clear, he was waiting for someone. 

The Kapoor Family's entry made the environment even more serious than it already was. If not anything, Oberois were even curious about the proceeding. 

Wiping the sweat off his forehead he looked at Tia for one final time to be sure if she was sure about the whole thing. Cause if not anything, it was something that was going to change their life. Forever.

___*_*___

Don't forget to tell me your thoughts about what Shivaay is going to say. Will be waiting to know your thought. Let's see how many of my readers can guess about Shivaay's announcement.