Chapter 3

Love is the most beautiful blessing one can have

But if unrequited, it can be even worse than the worst curse.

It was almost evening. The afterglow of sun was still there on the west sky. The sky was looking so beautiful, as if Om just poured all his colors from his pallets and drew a beautiful painting. Annika thought.

Though she had thought to give this whole thing a chance earlier, but now that she thinks, it was a decision that was wise. Cause if she would say yes to Daksh today and even if she decided to do so, it was only to show him. But then, why? Why would he care?

If he would have some problem she wouldn't propose her on the first place right? But it would be difficult. Too difficult to stay with his bestfriend when her heart lays with him. So yeah, she was now sure. More than she ever was.

Sure of her stupidity. Sure of her love. One sided unrequited love.

A smile crept up her lips. A smile, to mock. To mock her feelings. A smile of realization.

As the sky turned darker, and the breeze got colder she felt someone calling us. Daksh it was. Calling her, to return back to the mansion. To the place she was supposed to stay tonight.

The same mansion where he lives.

Taking a deep breath and making her mind she smiled at Daksh. Back on her feet, she proceeded towards the car.

She had a long way to Go.

It was almost six in the evening that she reached Oberoi Mansion. Dadi had to meet her, for something urgent. And even though winter certainly does not like to pay its visit to Mumbai, being at her late eighties dadi has already left for her room and slipped under her blanket. So as soon as she entered, she was escorted to her room.

Oberois being one of the most popular families of the city, organizes a New Year Party every year in the mansion. And being as famous as Oberois, this party always manages to grab all the eyes.

 Kalyani Singh Oberoi being the head eldest member, can never ignore her responsibilities of ensuring everything