Chapter 31: Love Story

"You guys look amazing!" I squeal as Sam fiddles with the cuffs of his sleeve. Tom, Peter and Milo all look down at the suits and ties. It's been awhile since anyone's dressed up this nice and it's pretty obvious that they're not used to wearing something other that casual and running attire.

"Does this mean we're done?" Milo asks, and I huff at him, slightly annoyed at his impatient tone.

"I suppose. You've all found your outfits and we managed to find matching ties for you all. I'm thankful there's not too many groomsmen because this place has obviously been raided before." I sign, taking a small moment to admire everyone in their outfits, mostly Sam... especially Sam. "Well, go change then, but don't just shove everything in your bag. I don't know how to dry clean yet and I don't want wrinkly clothes at my wedding."

"Bossy, aren't you?" Peter asks, and I laugh.

"Always. Now go change."

"Great." Sam checks his watch. "We should be home just in time for dinner."

"No, you'll be in home just in time for dinner," Summer corrects, and I mentally smack her when Sam frowns before turning to me questionably.

"What's she talking about?"

"Oh, right," I say, rubbing my arm nervously, my mind flying with curses. "I guess I didn't tell you. Nicole, Summer, Jody and I are going dress shopping. They need bridesmaids dresses and I need a gown. There's a shop a few blocks down."

"You want to do that now?" He asks, and I shrug.

"Why not? It'll save us a trip."

"We've been out awhile, Five," Peter says as he crosses his arms. "Sure you want to test your luck and run into some zoms?"

A scoff leaves my lips. "We've only been out of Abel for an hour and a half, and that's only because someone," I send a pointed look at Milo, "went into the 'Employees Only' area and got lost."

He sends me a glare as his cheeks turn pink, but he stays silent. I look back at the others.

"Plus Nadia's watching on coms, and she'll let us know if there's anything coming. We won't stay out too long."

"You're going dress shopping," Sam deadpans.

"I'm not picky. I'm only going to wear it once and I like a lot of different styles, so it shouldn't be hard for me to find one. And we already know the colors for the wedding so finding bridesmaids dresses shouldn't be hard to find either. I can alter them once we get back."

He lets out an unsure noise, and I grin knowingly.

"You're just mad because you know I'm not going to let you see my dress before the wedding."

He doesn't say anything, but the look on his face tells me everything I need to.

"You know it's tradition."

"It's a stupid tradition."

I shrug. "Still a tradition."

"Are we going to get to see it?" Milo asks, tipping his head to the side while gesturing to Peter and Tom. I hum in thought for a moment. They don't really look like they care that much either way.

"Uh, yeah, sure, I guess. I'll let you see the dress when we get home if you want."

"What?" Sam asks, looking betrayed. I almost laugh at his dramatics. "That's not fair."

"How is it not fair? I'm not getting married to them, so they can see it." I give him a pointed look and he huffs in reply. Jody and Summer giggle silently while Nicole looks at him smugly. I snicker. "If it makes you feel any better, Phil never saw me in a wedding dress either."