Chapter 9

A

Antonia was heart broken in so many ways in this moment. Here was a knight in shining armor reaching his had out for hers. She was reluctant to take it, because hello? This was Antonia, and Antonia never took risks like this. Ever. Today, however, she made a choice to throw caution to the wind. She reached her hand up and placed it in his. He guided her to a chair in the small kitchen and then let go to rummage in the cabinets for some chocolate. While he was doing that she took a moment to catch her breath. She had never been around a boy his age, shirtless, and sexy. She thought the boy was hot as can be, and that was making the bottom of her tummy quiver with nerves. His arms, chest and back were scattered with tattoos. His chest a garden of roses and vines. When she felt herself staring at him while he was facing her, she shyly looked away.

"Found it!" He handed her a full Hershey bar, opened and ready to eat. He smiled down at her.

It was then that she noticed how tall he was, and how he def spent tons of time at the gym. Antonia took a piece and handed a piece to her new friend Joe. He looked surprised, but popped that in his mouth.

"Do you chew, or let it melt?"

His words pulling her out of her day dream.

"I let it melt sometimes, chew other times. Depends.

"Ha, thats funny, me too."

"Do you go to school with us?"

She thought she might as well make conversation till Dani got back.

"No, I graduated."

"Oh cool, well, you already know that I am in my last year. Me and Dani have most of our classes together.  I hate it here though, I dont really have that many friends. I dont fit in really with the bitches that go to our school."

"So I take it you arent a bitch?"

"I dont think I am, no."

"You dont seem like any other girl that I know. So, I think you have escaped it!"

Antonia laughed, still not being able to shake the trembling inside of her tummy. She was embarrassed that it was going to show, and that this guy would think she was a freak instead of a bitch. The way he smiled sideways, and the half lidded shade of green eyes that he used to look over her face had her feelings all over the place. Damn hormones. Just as she was turning bright red over her thoughts, she heard Dani make her way through the door with some bags rustling.

"I like how easily you blush."

Joe made that comment quietly and winked her way before making his own way to the door to help his sister with all the bags. Antonia felt her face turn even redder, and decided to run to the bathroom before she allowed her new friend to see how red she was after being around her brother.

"Put a shirt on! What did you say to her? Why is she running to the bathroom?"

"Time out sis. I went to your room to see if she was ok, and I found some chocolate to give her to make her feel better about whatever she was upset about. She had to pee. Sheesh!"

"Oh, ok. Well, that was sweet of you brother. Thanks. You start dinner, and I am going to check on her."

Before Dani made her way to the bathroom, Antonia came out. Fully embarrassed, and too shy to eat with them, Antonia came up with an excuse.

"Hey, thanks for offering dinner, but I think that it is best I get home and talk to my mother about things."

Antonia grabbed her small backpack and headed out. Joe grabbed her arm as she passed him.

"Hey, let me atleast drive you home, I would feel better if you got home safely knowing that you are so upset. Hang on a sec, let me throw a shirt and some shoes on."

Before she could protest, Dani stepping into the convo like a bulldog.

"Before you argue, let him take you home, I would feel better as well. I dont want to have to worry about you and shit right now. I just found someone cool to hang out with, I dont need you being all unsafe. Text me later, and feel better. Im sorry for everything that you have to deal with right now, maybe this is for the best. You can look forward to getting to know your dad. Talk him into giving you money to go shopping, then call me and we can blow his money together. Haha!"

Antonia felt a laugh come out, and didnt that feel so much better than balling her eyes out? She headed outside to look for this car, and wait for Joe. What she really needed to do was call Vin again. He was being a bit distant, and not calling her as much as he usually did. Which meant that he probably had a girlfriend again. Oh, how his girlfriends always hated her. When that happened, she didnt hear from her best friend as much as usual. Which was the only bad part in having a best friend of the opposite sex. Joe came barreling through the front door, and to the car sitting just outside.

"This is my beat up bmw. Not the best, but it gets me around."

Antonia didnt mind, she was anything but materialistic. She had what she needed for now.

"Thanks for letting me drive you home, I know that you dont know me from a hole in the wall, but know that Im the type of guy that would never let anything happen to you."

Even though she did not know him, she believed everything he said. And wouldnt you know, those butterflies were back in her tummy, fluttering around.