Chapter 2

Joe

"I don't understand why I have to do this, it's bullshit."

Joe was pissed. The someone scratched up your car, and ripped up the leather seats when you were sleeping kinda pissed. He  just moved here from another state, and was to start working today with some big guys connected to the mob.  He was hyped up to say the least. I mean, these guys were big, and the real deal, the kind of real deal that if you fucked up, you were found floating in a river off the Hudson. One of the guys offered him a job to keep an eye on the "bosses daughter" and we all know how shit like that goes down. She was probably some spoiled ass brat kid that he had to watch over.  Joe was 20, and thought who the fuck wants to have this job right off the bat? Of course there was no way he  could  say no, just getting his foot in the door, cant exactly pop in an say -hey, thanks but no thanks, tell the boss Joe has no interest in watching over his spoiled little girl. Was this how he was expected to spend his time here? Fucking hell.

Alex, who Joe knew for a few years, already had work within this family. He said it was a good spot, and got him in with some people at the top. It was the perfect entry  position , So here they were driving to the bosses house in Joe's old ass BMW coupe.

"Look, I got you in to do other shit, but they need someone who she doesn't know to be on this. Someone who's sister goes to school with her...."

"Oh, hell NO. She is going to school with my sister? This is way worse than I thought."

"No, it isn't. This job is for the BOSS. The boss dude. You do this, and do it well? You will be his right hand man. You have got to do this, and do it well. Besides, she is really a good kid. She keeps to herself, and she isn't some spoiled brat that is a mafia princess that you are thinking of.  She knows who I am, so I can't do this. There is a catch however."

"Isn't there always a fucking catch to shit?"

"Yea, she does not know who her father is. She is about to find out, but so will everyone else. So pops wants to make sure she is protected. He knows that you know your shit with firearms. He knows that you know how to be low key. Obviously he knows that your sister goes to school with her, he did a background check on you and your entire family. He is not going to let some guy come in off  the streets without looking into all of this. She is set up to meet your sister today. You will meet up with the boss today, and find out further instructions. For the love of Christ, please don't blow this."

"What's her name?"

"Antonia. Antonia DeLuca, She is 17 starting her last year of high school. She lives only a few blocks away from you. Make a left here, and pull into the gated area, we have to get buzzed in."

"Ok, great. So, lets get this meeting over with. Holy cow, this is a compound!"