Chapter 8

J

When Joe got home he wasnt sure if he felt amped up, and mentally drained. He chose the later. Making his way to his small room he opted for a nice hot shower before he layed in his bed. Undressing, and turning on the hot water, anticipating the relaxed state he would be in. He planned out the rest of his night in his head, all thoughts revolving around relaxing. Stepping in to the exotic heat that was splaying over his body, Joe sighed a relief. Washing himself thoroughly, closing his eyes he let the heat pound the back on his neck, and down his spine. Rendering himself helpless to the spasms releasing his tension. Before too soon the water started to run cold. Emptying his brain of all relaxing thoughts. 

"Mother Fucker!"

Joe reluctantly shut the water off, and stepped into the cold air. Drying himself off, and putting on a new pair of sweat pants. The cross he wore hanging heavy on his chest, tattoos glistening before being dried. Deducing the idea of a shirt at the moment. He heard his sister talking through the wall.  Joe looked at his surroundings, comparing them to where he just came from? This place was a damn dump. It was a small trailer, and he could hear his sister because the place was so small, and the walls were made out of paper. Which would benefit him. Joe knew that he had a job to do, but he was feeling distracted thinking about how desperately he needed to get himself and his sister out of this place. With that said, he put his ear to the wall, realizing that someone was in her room with her. He knew before he could explain why, that it was the bosses daughter. Partly because she was the only friend that his sister had, and partly because he just knew. Aaaaaaannnd wasnt that strange? The girl was talking, faster and faster until he could hear her hyperventilating and crying in hysterics.

"I cant believe it. He's my father. I never knew about him, and I just cant believe my mother lied to me for my entire life. I missed out on everything with him!"

He listened to his sister try and calm her down, and thought he was going to fully take advantage of this moment. He sent a text to his sister to invite her friend to stay for dinner. Then gave her a small list of things to get. She was reluctant to leave her new and hysterical friend in the house without her. Joe assured her that the girl would be safe in her room, and that no one would bother her - which was a complete lie. He was going in there to meet her as soon as his sister left. Joe waited a few minutes, and then knocked on his sisters door, and went in pretending not to know his sister wasnt there.

"Oh, sorry, I thought my sister was here, you must be her new friend. My name is Joe."

When Joe's eyes met with hers he felt a wave that almost knocked him off his feet. This girl, was beautiful. Her eyes, so blue, and so sad, touched a part of Joe that he never thought possible. Pulling at his heart strings so hard that he felt a tightness in his chest. Her long raven colored hair hung in her face, and all Joe wanted to do was tuck in behind her ear, and run his fingers across her cheek wiping away her tears.

"Hey, Im sorry, Im having a bad day. My name is Antonia. Antonia DeLuca, and just today I met the man who gave me that last name. Im a little distraught. "

Joe was unsure if he should move or not, so he hung around in the door way. He figured it was best to be cautious instead of being pushy. 

"Im really sorry to hear that, but isnt this a good thing?"

Antonia looked at him with confusion.

"How so?"

"Well, you know him today, and you didnt know him yesterday. You have someone new in your life that will love you, and that you will love. Its a blessing, you cant spend your time upset looking behind you. Just look in front, so you can see where you are going."

Antonia laughed, and those heart strings of Joe's were getting yanked again. He felt himself smile back.

"Come on, you know what I do when my sister is upset and she is crying about something?"

"Nope, cant imagine."

"I feed her chocolate, now come on, lets go find you some."

Joe held out his hand for her to grab, and knew in that moment that his life was about to change.