Chapter 4

J

They pulled up to a gate and had to get buzzed in. Joe had never seen a piece of property of this magnitude before today. Shit, he saw things like this on t.v but never in RL. As the gates opened, they gained access to the scrolling pathway that was tree lined, with no house in site. As you rounded that bend to pull up to what he would only describe as some sort of circle driveway, he was hard pressed to not be amazed with what he was taking in. The mansion was huge, and it looked as if there were 3 or 4 homes situated within the property. Maybe they were just different wings to the home, hell what did he know.

"Hold shit man, this is amazing."

Alex held back a chuckle.

"I told you, this is the boss, what did you think we were going to pull up to some cute townhouse in a community?"

A townhouse can you imagine, in Joe's world a townhouse was living like a king. This, this was off any chart he had ever experienced. As they approached, he realized all the people that were situated all over the property. Armed people. This was no joke, this was the real deal, and for a split second he wondered what the hell he had gotten himself into. In the next breath, he knew just what he was getting into, and knew this was exactly what he wanted for himself. This is how he wanted to live. With that thought going through his mind, he knew that he had to suck it up and take one for the team to get on the good side of this man. If Joe was able to take care of his daughter and show the boss what he was made out of, and how he could handle this? He would be a made guy before the end of the year.

"Close your mouth, do not speak until spoken to, and follow me."

As they entered the foyer area, there was a huge table with the biggest floral arrangement known to man, and on either side of it were 2 stair cases winding up to the second floor. Surrounded by marble, Joe was able to spot an elevator to the side. You could see straight ahead through all of the rooms, to the huge windows that lined the back of the property. Ocean views, with the sun setting was a spectacular site. Joe was almost lost in the view for too long, missing his chance to give a first impression to the boss. Ahead of him entered a man in his 50's build like a bull, slightly taller than he, hair slicked back. Piercing blue eyes, slight beard. He was wearing sweat pants and a t-shirt, and it looked as if he was just working out, or perhaps went for a jog. He was definitely in shape.

"Joe DeLuca, pleased to meet you, your friend here speaks highly of you, says you are someone that I can trust."

"Please to meet you, Im Joe Sabbotini."

"I know, I ran a full background check on you. I have a few questions. I need loyalty. Can you be a loyal member of my family? because I am about to give you the most important job in the world. I need you to protect my daughter. She is about to find out that I am her father, and so will the world. I need someone to get close to her, stay close to her, and protect her with their life. Can you manage that? Loyalty will be very important here, and you will be rewarded for it."

"I understand what is at stake, and I am willing to put my all into protecting your daughter. I can offer my loyalty. "

"Great, come with me, lets eat and talk over the details. Alex, go hang out with the boys, and see what they have for you to do."