True

My phone vibrates on the table and I glance down at it. I feel my face grow warm as Damion’s name dances across the screen. “Aren’t you going to answer it?” Crystal asks me. I shake my head and quickly flip the phone over. Crystal raises an eyebrow at me as she sips her sweet tea. “I finally get you out of your house and you refuse to do anything fun.” I shrug nonchalantly before taking a bite of the fish sandwich on my plate. My phone vibrates again and my heart jumps. Crystal sighs, “That’s the third time your phone has done that. Just answer it.” I look up at her, “I can’t…” She squints at me. “What do you mean you can’t?” I bite my bottom lip gently. “It’s Damion.” She blinks for a moment.

“Wait, what?” She says.

I repeat myself, “its Damion.” She makes a face. “Tell me the details.” I sigh, recapping everything. Once I’m done she smirks, her eyes twinkling excitedly, “Wow.”

I frown at her. “All you can say is wow?” She smiles.

“Are going to take him back?” I look down at my plate, my appetite gone all of a sudden. “I don’t know…” She smacks her lips, “Okay, you bet not tell me that you’re still scared because that’s starting to get old. I don’t get what you’re scared of.” I blinked.

For once, I agreed with her. What was I afraid of?  “To be truthful, I don’t know what I’m afraid of either but I just can’t help how I feel.”

“You are something else.” She shakes her head at me. “Well, you better figure it out before…”

I stare at her, “Before what?” She looks at me. “Before you lose the one thing you can never get back, your heart.”

Crystal drops me off at home soon after our tense discussion about my love life. I was the one who was constantly telling him to go away, so why wasn’t I happy about the thought of him really disappearing? I walked into my apartment and slammed the door shut behind me. My head was pounding and I stumbled into the bathroom, I splash my face with water. I needed to think about something else. Just as I resolved to get him off of my mind there was a knock on the door.

I hesitated before opening it. Damion smiled down at me and in his hands was a box of pizza and a two liter coke. My stomach growled, the smell of the pizza wafting around my nose. “Can I come in?”

I nod, stepping back to let him in, closing the door behind him. He heads to the kitchen and sits at the table, placing the pizza in the middle of it. My mouth waters at the smell. He laughs at the look on my face before opening the box and handing me a piece. I bite into the slice of pizza and I make purring noises. “Is it good?” I hear Damion ask. I nod my head. After eating five slices I realize that he hasn’t eaten any. I look up at him. “Aren’t you going to eat?” He shakes his head, “I’ll eat later don’t worry about me.” I shrug, licking my fingers contentedly.

He smiles at me before grabbing my hand, pulling me from my chair. I gasp, “What are you doing?”

He pulls me onto his lap and then suddenly I’m in his arms. I try to push him away but he hugs my waist and I’m trapped. He licks at the corners of my mouth and I wiggle against him. “Wait…”

He kisses me, quieting my complaints. “I’m not letting you go until you hear me out.” His hands traveled up my shirt and cup my stomach. “You’re having my child. Thank you.”

I look down at him. He pecks me on the lips again, lingering for a moment before pulling back. “I know you’re scared…” My eyes grow wide, “How did you kn-” He kisses me again, leaving me dazed. “That night you kicked me out I heard you.” My eyes grow wide.