The Begining

(Prolouge)

"Don't be ignorant!" I shouted at him from across the room. He smiled at me before shrugging. "What are you talking about? I haven't done anything to you...yet." I gasped dramatically at his words. I could hear chuckles and giggles being thrown my way. I giggled nervously. "You wish, boy please, you can only get me in your dreams!" I picked up the wad of paper he had thrown at me and flung it back at him with as much force as I could conjure up. He caught it and winked at me, making my heart skip a few beats. I looked at him crazy before rolling my eyes in his direction. I turned around in my seat and acted as if his flirtation was nothing short of idiotic, a waste of my precious time. I looked down at my hands and smiled goofily. If anyone saw my expression they would know right away how I really felt. I was, after all, an open book at times. I bit my lip and sighed. When was this class going to be over?

I took a deep breath and sat up straight. Just as I was about to turn around I suddenly felt someone hug me from behind. I was surprised so I hopped up out of my seat. I heard a low chuckle from behind me. "Do I make you nervous? "He said. His husky voice sent silent shivers down my spine. How did he do it? How did he make my heart beat so out of tune? It's like whenever he came within two inches of me I start having sudden hot flashes and small but severe heart attacks. It was like going through early menopause. I squirmed in his arms."I'm going to marry you one day. And I'll never let you go." His warm breath touched my neck as he whispered his sweet nothings. My heart was beating so fast, I could hear the pounding in my ears. Is this what it was going to be like all year? Him constantly picking and prodding at my already fragile and inexperienced heart?

Someone across the room yelled, 'hey! Get a room!" I felt heat rise into my cheeks. I pushed him away from me and glared. But behind my fake anger I was ecstatic that he had hugged me, that he had talked to me, that he had even felt the need to tease me. I was new to all things boys. Never had I felt such rapid affection for a boy.

Until now. I felt a blush coming on in full force. I turned my head and meet the eyes of one my closest friends. We stared at eachother. I could feel the anger and jealousy pouring off of her in silent waves. she glared at me a little bit before turning her attention to another one of my classmates. I felt a tremor of pain run through me. The gap between us was growing wider and wider everyday, I could feel the awkwardness expanding. I knew how she felt about him but I felt the same, maybe even more than she did. But I didn't want to lose a friendship this way.

The need to act as if I didn't like him was so strong that I retaliated with embarrassed anger. "Ugh! Stop touching me! Seriously I don't even like you!" His smile disappeared and a smirk took its place on his beautifully sculpted face. I felt my heart drop at the sight. He shrugged carelessly and the twinkle in his eyes that I had been so used to seeing disappeared. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I wanted to scream and tell him I was only trying to do the right thing! I wanted to explain but the words to do so were lodged in the pit of my stomach. The bell rang and he picked up his things and calmly walked past me. I stood in that spot contemplating my decision. I had done the right thing, right?