OLD VERSION Chapter 13

****I struggled for this one you guys, so I'm sorry if its terrible*****

It's early in the morning when I finally collapse and don't get up. The water seeps into the earth when I am unable to keep up the connection. Aiden still doesn't stir. My body aches and shivers, but my back still doesn't hurt like it should. "I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes." I say to the darkened forest, "Just a few..."

I my mind drops and tumbles. My body jerks and thrashes and I open my eyes to see the betrayer's face. I'm not sure if I'm dreaming but my mind drops again and I forget the world.

"You're doing it again aren't you?" A man's voice fills my mind. The sound is familiar and comforting.

"Yes I am." The females' voice is light, like she's smiling when she says it.

The male sighs. "So what is it this time? Are we telling stories, singing to her, teaching her how to defend herself, or making sure she knows boys are evil?"

The female laughs, "Smart ass, I wish to show her where she can be safe."

There is silence, then, "That won't be easy. That sort of memory could...well...it's dangerous. If she were ever caught, if she were ever..." His voice cuts of and he takes a deep breath. The woman soothes him with her voice.

"I know." She assures him, "But what if she needs a safe haven?"

"She'll always need a safe haven, she's our daughter."

"Stop being an ass, you know what I mean."

Another sigh, "You better bury the memory deep then, so she'll find it only when she absolutely needs it."

The woman takes a deep breath, "Will you help me show her?"

"I'll do anything for you and our daughter, you know that."

"Yes I do."

They go silent and my head fills with pictures of green country sides and rolling hills. I see as if I am walking in fast motion over dozens of miles. Over rivers, through streams, and forests, and into the mountains where I travel up a steep gorge and along a mountain top until suddenly, I stand before a wooden cabin. The smell of wood smoke and pine trees fill my nose.

I jerk awake. My mind foggy and eyes water, I reach out with lead arms, confused of my surrounding. "Easy." My eyes focus on Aiden's face. I snap back to reality and jump up and punch him in the face. He cups his hand over his mouth and chin and jumps back.

"What was that for?" He demands, his voice muffled, his eyes watering. I take a few breaths and calm my heart.

"Don't ever do that again, I though you..." I shake my head, "I don't wake up well."

"I noticed thanks."He nurses his bloody lip.

I look around, we're somewhere in the woods, the sun is low in the horizon. "What time is it?"

Aiden shrugs, "The sun is setting, and I'm not sure."

"It's setting? How long have I been asleep for?"

Again she shrugs, "When I woke up you were out. I tried to wake you up but you wouldn't stir. So I did you the favor you did for me and I carried you." He goes and picks up a plastic bag, "I stole you some clothes that I think will better fit you, and some shoes." He puts them down between us and turns around.

I look in the bag and decide that it would be good to have something that fits me. I change quickly and slip the shoes on. Everything is a tad too big, but he managed to swipe a bra, even if it's a little tight I haven't felt this human in a long time.