Chapter 9

* Later that night at the apartment *

" Shannon where is he?!" Carley says panicked. " He's not answering my calls or text. He's not at home and noone has seen him since yesterday. What if something happened to him? What if he's hurt! " Carley says bursting out with tears. " Everything will be alright. He's gonna be fine. He's probably just goofing off with friends! " Shannon says trying to cheer up Carley. The door bell rings. Shannon gives Carley a hug and gets up to answer the door " It'll be okay. " Carley looks up hopeful to see zach appear at the door but is disappointed to watch Cameron, Brent, and Michael approach her. " Hey guys " Shannon says " Can i talk to you in private? " shannon mentions to Cameron. " Is there any word from Zach? " Shannon says worried. " Still nothing." Cameron says obviously upset. "Shannon, with Zach missing and that jacob guy still out there I don't want you alone. Is it okay of I spend the night over here? To keep an eye on you and Carley. " Cameron looks her in the eyes desperately. "Of course " Cameron wraps her in a big hug and walks back into the living room to find Brent and Michael trying to cheer up Carley " It's alright guys really. Im fine. " Carey says while putting on a fake smile. " You don't have to pretend. We're all worried " Cameron says. Shannon scoops his hand from behind, snaking her fingering through his grip. Cameron looks up in surprise. " I think we should go to the police. They might be able to help us. " Shannon says tightly holding onto his hand. " Me and Brent will stay behind. Keep Carley company. " Michael says. " Thank you " Shannon says giving him a sincere look. Cameron and Shannon grab there coats and car keys and head out.

* At the police station *

" What do you mean you can't do anything! " Cameron yells " He's missing! There's got to be something you can do! " " Look we can't file a missing persons report until 24 hours after the person has been missing " the officer at the front desk states. " Thats bullshit! " Cameron screams getting very dirty looks from all around the room. " I want you to do something now! " Cameron says showing his frustration bangs his hand on his desk making a loud BAM. " Woah, woah. Cameron! Look at me Cam. You need to calm down before you do something stupid. Okay? Breathe. Everything will be fine. Let's go home. " Shannon wraps his arm around her shoulders and guides him out of the police station.

* In the parking lot, sitting in the car *

" There's something you're not telling me. " Shannon says. " what? " Cameron looks almost surprised. "You're not telling me something about Zach. Why did you freak in there? There was no reason. He's only been gone for a couple of hours. So what is going on? " Shannon says worried. " Zach... He didn't always hang out with the right kind of people... They weren't good kids. He got himself into a lot of trouble. He was smart though. He got himself out of it. He wiped his slate clean and started doing the right things but his friends, they didn't like that. They didn't like that at all. " Cameron says. "Do you think they could be behind this? " Shannon says freaking out. " I don't know, it's just a guess. All I know is that he's missing and I need to make sure he's alright. He's my best friend. I don't want anything to happen to him." Shannon kisses him on the cheek " You're such an amazing guy Cam. " Camerons face turns bright red. Shannon starts the car and begins to drive home.