Burlesque

This is based off an TMNT AU I had where Splinter owns a popular underground Jazz Club in 1920's New York City called 'The Dojo', where Raphael and the rest of his brothers (who are young adults in this AU) are famous singers for the club. I may never write an entire fanfic on it but I decided to make a oneshot of the moment when Raph first meet Mona Lisa in the AU. 

I hope you enjoy!

Link to song sung in this oneshot:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy5THitqPBw

~~~~~

The curtain closed and the lights dimmed. Young and older men in the audience cheered and whistled, demanding an encore from the young lady who just finished her risque performance. The lights began to brighten again, still dim but more easier to see in the club, as it was time for a short break before the next performance.

"See?" Casey said after finishing his fifth drink. "I told you this was what you needed!"

"Yeah, drinking alcohol while watching women strip. What a night..." Raph said sarcastically. "Why'd you guys take me to this strip club anyway?"

"First of all, it's not a strip club. It's a burlesque club. There's a difference! Galactic Gals is a classy place!" Casey said, "Second, you said your family was getting on your nerves and I thought a night with your friends drinking and watching some lovely dolls dancing around would help cheer you up."

"Well, yeah! My family has been annoying me with the family business and it's been stressing me out, but I don't think seeing a bunch of broads making a fool of themselves is what I need right now..."

"You just need another drink." Slash said, patting Raphael's back as Raph slammed his head on the table with a groan. Slash turned to a nearby waitress and asked for another round, making sure she was tipped generously.

"Slash, aren't you off the sauce? You've been clean for a while," Raph asked.

"Lay off, will ya? I'm enjoying myself for one day!"

Soon, a waitress came to the boys' table and gave them another bottle of liquor with some fresh shot glasses. Casey grabbed the bottle, filled the glasses, and gave them to his friends. They raised their glasses and clinked them together. Quickly, the shots went down.

As the boys enjoyed their drinks, the club lights began to dim again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, but mostly gentlemen," the announcer jokes, "Galactic Gals Burlesque Club proudly presents our final performer for tonight! We saved the best for last. She's the finest and rarest jewel of our club! Give it up for the lovely, Ms. Mona Lisa!"

The audience cheered in excitement as the club went completely dark. Nothing but the sound of the audience's excitement filled the room. Casey and Slash clapped and cheered along with the rest of the men, while Raph did not engage in the 'fun'.

He doesn't want to be here. He wanted to spend a night out with his friends, but not like this! Drinking booze and gawking at pretty girls like idiots was not his plan for a fun night.

A single spotlight shines on the stage. The audience cheers.

If his brothers find out he's at a place like this, they'll tell father for sure. Splinter will kill him if he finds out. Raphael knows his father doesn't approve of these kinds of clubs, but Casey and Slash insisted they go check it out. Why did he listen to them?

The audience quieted down as the musicians began playing.

Casey and Slash said this would cheer Raph up from the family drama he's going through, but this is not helping. There's nothing about this club that will make him feel better. He hates this place and just wants to go. There's nothing that will-