A Gift For You

Mona was sitting on the couch in the lair, flipping through a magazine. Quietly, Raphael enters, his hands hiding behind his back, with a proud look on his face. He sits next to Mona and looks at her. Mona turns and notices Raphael's eagerness. She tries to see what her boyfriend is hiding, but it is out of her sight. Mona looks at Raph as he gives her a cute smile.

"What is it, Raphael?" she giggles.

With a proud flourish, Raph reveals what is behind his back. A box wrapped in colorful wrapping paper with a large shimmering bow on top. "Happy four year anniversary," he says, handing her the gift. "It's not much, but I hope you'll like it."

Mona was baffled, "Raphael, you didn't have to do this," she says as she accepts the gift from Raph's hands.

"But I wanted to. You're my girlfriend. You deserve something special for our anniversary."

Mona smiles and looks at the colorful box. She begins to carefully open it, gently pulling loose the bow and unwrapping the paper. She opened the box and peered inside.

"A scarf!" Mona says as she takes it out of the box admiringly. She unravels it to see it in the light. The scarf is a lovely shade of pink. He remembered pink is one of her favorite colors, next to red. "Oh, Raphael, it's beautiful!"

Mona quickly ties on the scarf, a single wrap around her neck. The yarn is soft and feels comfortable on her skin. She looks at Raphael and gives him a hug, "I love it."

"I knew you would."

"I must say, Raphael," Mona says, as she examines her gift, "Your knitting skills have improved significantly!"

He slightly chuckles, "Yeah, it took me a while to finish it. I wanted to get every stitch perfect. The hardest part was actually stitching the personalization."

Mona looked at Raph curiously. Looking at the scarf hanging down from her neck, her attention went to the fringed ends. She noticed something stitched into the fabric. A message, sewn into the scarf in delicate golden thread.

Mona Lisa read it out loud, "To the strongest and most beautiful woman I know. I love you to the moon and back. Love, Raphael."

Mona smiled as she turns to look at Raph. He is blushing. She leaned into him and kissed him on his cheek.

"I love you, too," she whispers in his ear.

The couple smile at one another, and Mona went back to admiring her gift. After a few moments of silence, Mona's smile of joy slowly began to fade away into disappointment.

Raph quickly noticed her pain, "Hey, Mona, what's wrong?" he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder, "Do you not like the scarf?"

"Oh no! I adore it very much!" Mona stated, turning to look at Raph, "I just... I never got you anything. I don't have a gift for you. I've been so busy I completely forgot about our special day. I'm sorry, my love..."

Raph looks at Mona and gives her a soft smile as he holds her hands. He looks at her and in a calm, loving tone he says, "You being in my life is the best gift I could ever receive."

Mona blushes and gives Raph a loving smile as she leans in to embrace him.

Mona sighs in slight relief, "I've never been good at gift exchanges, anyway." she says with a giggle, "But I still do wish to give you something," Mona smirks as she looks at her boyfriend flirtatiously. She then leans on to Raph and starts twirling the tails of his mask, "Do you have any suggestions, my love?" She said, batting her eyes.

Raph's eyes widen, surprised by her sudden change of attitude. He gives in and smirks, "I can think of a thing or two." He says as he wraps his arms around her waist. Raph pulls Mona towards him and gives her a passionate kiss. Mona places her hands on the side of Raph's face as they continue to kiss. Simply being in each other's arms was all the gift Raphael needed. It was a wonderful anniversary and they both looked forward to many, many more.

~~~~~

(Fun Fact: November 1st is actually the date of the episode of when Raph and Mona met. So Nov 1st is there anniversary!)