Chapter 43 - Almost home!

I was going to upload it tomorrow night or the day after, after I finish writing more, but then I decided I'm just going to give you this one right now instead of keeping you guys waiting! How sweet am I? Haha! :D The next chapter will be of Caleb and Bella taking Nevaeh home! This one is really cute though. :) happy reading! Are you guys happy I'm continuing this story though?! I'm still kind of iffy about this! But if you guys will enjoy it, then I'll keep writing!
Love you guys! -Molly<3 xoxox 

                                                                   ~ * ~ * ~

       After she is finished feeding, is when I pull the blanket around her, and then I silently look up at Caleb. Once he understands why I did that, is when he quickly stands up and he looks down at our daughter without saying a single word. It looks as if millions of thoughts are racing through his mind as he continues to gaze down at her, and then he reaches down to pick her up. The blanket is covering the rest of her little body besides her face, and as he holds her gently in his arms is when I can't help but feel tears forming in my eyes again.

     He easily wobbles back and forth, very slightly rocking her, and his eyes light up with happiness and excitement. "Hi angel," Caleb quietly mumbles, in a hushed tone. He sits down on the chair and a huge smile spreads across my face when her eyes flutter open in response, and she innocently looks up at him. The way he dazes down into her eyes just makes me lose my breath, because he looks much more emotional than I haveever seen him before. It looks as if his life has just been completed, and I can't help but feel my eyes building up with tears once again. I've never seen Caleb this happy before, and that makes me happier than anything. "Wow... She's perfect."

         "Yeah, she is," I quietly whisper under my breath, wiping away a tear. "I'm still in shock. I can't believe I carried her inside of me for ten months... Does that sound weird?"

        "No, that's exactly how I feel," he lets out, as he leans down and kisses her forehead, his eyes tightly closing as he keeps his lips there for longer than usual. He slowly pulls back and continues to stare into Nevaeh's eyes, and unexpectedly is when he begins to cry. Even though he has a wide smile planted on his face, he still has a sad expression to him. Maybe he's thinking the same thing I am, that how could have we ever even considered adoption? He quickly kisses her again, this time on her cheek, before his tears fall down onto her blanket. "Her eyes look blue, like mine... Can they change or will they stay this way?"

     I smile. "They can change, I'm pretty sure. We can't be positive for at least maybe a few months," I softly let out, buttoning up my robe before returning my gaze back onto our daughter.

       Caleb has another tear fall down his cheek, until he happily grins and wipes it away with his shoulder before it can fall down onto the blanket she's wrapped in, again. "I just want to hold her for a little bit before she gets her check up. I don't want to put her down just yet."

       "That's okay," I softly whisper, as he gently touches her cheek with the tips of his fingers.

       "I'm never going to leave you," he quietly lets out in a mumble, gazing down at her beautiful face as her eyes momentarily close from her being so content. "I'll always be here. You don't have to ever worry about me leaving your mom... I love her to death, Nevaeh. And I love you. Daddy will love you forever."

        I grin in silence, as he quickly looks into my eyes, showing me a wide and proud smile.

       After two minutes pass by of Caleb bonding with our baby girl, I press the button on the edge of the bed, and only a few seconds later is when Doctor Lizzie casually strolls into the room. Caleb hands Nevaeh to her, and then he sits back down on the chair beside the bed. We tightly hold hands while she gets brought to the nursery,until he decides he's going to go and keep his eye on her through the glass windows, instead of waiting here.