Chapter 1 - Arriving Back Home!

***

Staring out the wide and long windows of the airport, I finally come to the realization of how at ease and happy I am with my life. Being seventeen is the most amazing feeling in the world. I'm young, determined, smart, and I have the entire world right before my very eyes. I have so many options and choices. I can follow my dreams and achieve any goals, as long as I put my mind to it. I plan on graduating high school with all A's, going to college, and making sure I am doing everything possible to make my life the best it can be. I deserve that. Everyone deserves that.

I turn to face my aunt and she smiles, holding her arms wide open. "Now Isabella," she quietly begins. "You come back now. Do you hear me?"

"Yes Aunty Judy. I hear you." Without hesitating for even a moment, I fall into her gentle and warm embrace. "I'll be back."

"Do not be stupid, young Bella. Remember that every choice has an outcome," she rushes out, in her strict motherly tone.

"Don't worry! I'm smart. I know what I'm doing," I carefully assure her.

She pats the corner of her eyes with a crumpled tissue and releases a long and overwhelmed breath, before nodding in agreement. "You're right. I trust you with everything inside of me, sweetheart. Just know I'll miss you every day. Your uncle Derek will as well."

I can't help but grin. "Just tell him that the Football games on TV will have to wait until after the summer ends."

"Oh, I'll make sure to tell him. That God awful sport is dreadful!" She playfully states. "You're his Football buddy, that's for sure."

"Most definitely."

"Listen to me babbling. I must stop, or you'll miss your flight! Please tell your mother I say hello, and give her a big hug and kiss for me. Oh! And your father too. We can't forget about Mike."

"Alright," I say, hugging her once more while everyone around me begins to line up, the boarding process beginning. "I'll miss you guys, but I'll be back at the end of the summer."

"I truly hope so! You never know. You could change your mind after returning home for the Summer," Aunt Judy suggests, and for a strange reason, a knot forms in the pit of my stomach.  "Being home with your parents and brother might change your mind about returning, and that's perfectly okay—"

"Not going to happen," I instantly speak up. "Don't worry. No more crying!"

"Okay, okay!" She gives up, letting out a small chuckle before she pulls away, firmly grasping my shoulders at arms length away. "Call me when you land, so I know you arrived safely."

I nod my head with a slight grin and gather my belongings, before pecking a small kiss onto her cheek. "Got it."

"We will miss you, Isabella!" My aunt rushes out in panic behind me. 

I glance over my shoulder and wave goodbye, before handing my boarding pass to the man at the gate. Then before I know it, I'm anxiously making my way down the hall towards the plane that will soon be heading for the United States.

                                                                      ***

During takeoff I stare happily out the tiny, square airplane window, saying my silent goodbyes to the UK, but knowing I'll be back in only a few months to complete my junior year in high school before I go off to college in two years after I graduate. I pull out my book from my carry on suitcase, releasing a deep breath while I open to the page where my bookmark rests.