Chapter 19: The pit

It was a hot day. There was no cloud in sight, as Kion was walking towards the Pridelands. He was alone, which was something he would have to get used to. The silence wasn't something he liked, but it was better than risking hurting Rani and the cubs. He had to leave them.

The sun was hitting hard and Kion was getting thirsty. He was searching for some water, but he couldn't find any. Slowly his vision started to get blurry as he started getting a headache. Because of the blurry vision it was hard for Kion to see exactly where he was going. But he kept going, hoping to find some water eventually.

After a few more minutes of walking Kion fell into a pit. It was a deep fall. Kion went unconscious from the fall. After a few minutes he woke up, as he looked around with a still blurry vision. What Kion did notice was a little pool. He walked towards it, wanting to drink from it. The pit was completely in the shadows, so Kion didn't have to deal with the sun, even though it was still really warm. After a while Kion's headache started to go away, and his vision started to get back to normal. Kion looked around, and finally noticed that he was in a pit. He groaned. "How am I supposed to get out of here." he said to himself. He kept looking around and thinking for ways to get out. Kion walked back to the water, and as he looked in it, he noticed there were rocks on the bottom. "If I can stack them, I might be able to climb out of here."

Kion walked into the water. Once he was in it, he started pushing the rocks out of it. He managed to get enough rocks to get him out, so he started stacking them. Kion was almost out when a gust of wind blew away one of the bottom rocks, which made the whole tower, including Kion on top of it, collapse. Kion hit the ground hard, and one of the rocks hit him. He screamed from the pain.

The scream was heard by an animal far in the distance. "What could that be?" it asked itself. "Better check it out." The animal started moving in the direction the scream came from.

" The animal started moving in the direction the scream came from

The animal reached the pit, as it looked down. "Wait a second... I know you." he said. Kion looked up and saw a familiar face. "Yun Miba, wasn't it?" Kion guessed the name of the clouded leopard that was looking down at him. "Almost right. It is Yun Mibu. What are you doing in that pit..." "The name is Kion" "Okay thanks. What are you doing in that pit Kion?" "I fell in." "How could you miss a pit that is this huge?" "Because I couldn't find any water I got a headache, and my vision got blurry, so I did not see the pit. Could you help me out?" "I can try if you can tell me how." Kion started pacing back and forth as he was thinking of ways to get him out of there.

After a while Kion's head shot up. "I know how I can get out of here." he said. "Oh really, that is great. How?" Yun Mibu said. "Before you came here I tried to get out by stacking these rocks. They were strong enough until it reached a certain hight which just wasn't high enough to get me out of here, but if I can get to the hight I reached before it collapsed again, then you can pull me out of here." Kion explained "I guess we can try." Yun Mibu answered

Kion started stacking the rocks again, and after a while he reached the hight the tower collapsed at the last time he tried it. Yun Mibu let his tail hang over the edge, and Kion grabbed it. Yun Mibu started walking forward, and Kion was climbing up. Together they got Kion out of the pit. Kion walked towards Yun Mibu. "Asante, thank you so much. If it weren't for you finding me I would still have been stuck there, and maybe even be stuck down there forever." "It's no big deal. Just trying to help out someone who is in danger." Kion and Yun Mibu said goodbye to each other. After that Yun Mibu walked back to his rest spot and Kion continued his journey to the Pridelands.

It was late at night, but Kion eventually reached the Pridelands. He headed towards Pride Rock, which he could see in the distance. When he reached it, everyone was asleep in the den. Kion didn't want to wake anyone up, so he checked if the spot he used to sleep at wasn't occupied. He noticed that it wasn't, so he moved towards it, trying his best not to wake anyone up, at which he succeeded. He laid down and fell asleep. He would have time to talk with the others in the morning, and he would leave in the afternoon.