Chapter 13: The Search

The sun was rising in the Pridelands, and the lions were getting ready to start searching for Kiara again. Rani had different plans. She was worried about Kion, since he did not return to Pride Rock that night. She was going to search for him, and when she found her, they would both search for Kiara.

Rani did not know the Pridelands at all. It was her first time being there. She walked around, completely clueless on where to go next. She came across some herds of animals, who looked at her with suspicion, since they did not know her and she looked different from the other lions in the Pridelands. When she entered the zebra's grazing ground, one of the zebras was walking towards her. "I don't think I have seen you here before. Who are you?" the zebra asked her. "I'm Rani, leader of the Night Pride and queen of the Tree of Life." Rani introduced herself. "That means you must be Kion's mate." the zebra said in response to hearing who he was talking to. "Yes I am. Kion did not come back to Pride Rock last night, have you seen him..." Rani wanted to say the zebra his name, but she did not know it. "Oh how rude, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm sorry for that. My name is Thurston." the zebra finally introduced himself. "And to answer your question, I have not seen Kion, but around this time of the day you might get lucky by asking animals around the watering hole. A lot of animals from all around the Pridelands come there around this time of the day, someone there might have seen him." Thurston advised "Thanks a lot Thurston, asante." Rani turned around, ready to walk towards the watering hole, when she remembered that she did not know where the watering hole was. She turned back towards Thurston. "Could you tell me how to get to the watering hole?" Rani asked. "Of course I can. Zebras have the best sense of direction in the whole Pridelands. To get to the watering hole you will have to go south from here." Thurston explained. "Thanks again Thurston." Rani started going south, towards the watering hole.

" Rani started going south, towards the watering hole

Vitani and her Lion Guard were entering the Outlands. "We have to stay quiet now. Keep your eyes peeled for Kiara." she spoke. "We should also try and find Kion. He did not come back to Pride Rock last night, he might be in the Outlands too." Imara pointed out. "Good thing Imara. Can you do that Tazama?" "You bet your ass I can do that. I'm not the keenest of sight for no reason."

Rani was at the watering hole, where a sable antilope called Bupu was able to tell her that he saw Kion walking into the Outlands. Rani thanked Bupu, after which she walked away from the waterhole and towards the Outlands.

Reirei woke up inside of her den in the Outlands. She walked out of it. She was going to see what she could get her pack to eat. She stumbled over Kion, who was sleeping at the next to the entrance of the jackals den. "Kion? Why is he sleeping here?" Reirei asked herself. She grabbed Kion by his scuff, and dragged him into the den. "Goigoi, look what I have found to eat." Goigoi walked towards the lion that Reirei dragged in. "Isn't that Kion. What is he doing here?" he said. "I don't know what he was doing here, but he won't finish it." Reirei answered. "Kiddies, lets feast." All the jackal pups walked towards Kion's body, which was waking up. "What in the Pridelands...?" he said. He saw Reirei standing next to him. "Reirei, what are you doing?" Kion asked. "Isn't that obvious, we're going to eat you." "I don't think so Reirei." Kion used the roar on Reirei and her pack. Every jackal got smashed into the wall as Kion ran out.

Rani just entered the Outlands, as she heard Kion's roar. She ran in the direction the sound came from right away.

A bit deeper into the Outlands were Vitani and her Lion Guard, still searching for Kiara and Kion. They heard Kion's roar too. They also went in the direction the sound came from. Once they got close they saw Rani walking in the same direction. "Rani, over here!" Vitani yelled at her. "Vitani, good to see you. Was that roar Kion's or yours?" Rani asked when she reached them. "It was Kion's." Vitani commented. "But I thought you were searching for Kiara, and not for Kion." Rani said. "We had our priority on finding Kiara, but we were also keeping our eyes peeled for Kion." They looked towards the open field with the jackal den in the middle, which they saw Kion running out of. "Kion, over here!" Rani yelled at him. Kion ran into the direction Rani yelled from. "Great to see you guys. Reirei and her pack wanted to have me for breakfast." Kion said. "Luckily you got away from them." Rani said. "Yeah, luckily I did." "How did you even get there?" Kasi asked Kion. "I kept searching for Kiara, and I ignored the fact that I needed to sleep, so in the end the tiredness made me fall asleep, close to the jackals den. Reirei found me and dragged me in. If I woke up a few seconds later, I would not have woken up. Then I would be a jackal's meal."

Later that day the group was walking close to the border of the Outlands, when they heard a roar coming from Pride Rock. Vitani looked happy after hearing it. "They found Kiara. Lets go back." she said. When they reached Pride Rock, they noticed that everyone was back from searching. "Kion, you're back." Nala said happily. "Yes, and I see that Kiara has been found too." "Yes, but she has hurt her paw, so she has troubles with walking." Kion looked at Kiara, who was cuddling with Mrembo. "I'm so sorry for everything that has happened last night." "It is alright Kion. I forgive you since you have managed to kill Janja." Kion looked shocked after hearing this. "I did what...?!"