Chapter 14: Safe travels?

Kion was shocked when he heard his roar killed Janja. "I did not know my roar could do that. I should be more careful from now on, especially with not hitting anyone else with my roar." Kion looked down, as he walked into the den, getting ready to sleep. "He really seemed like he felt guilt for breaking your leg, Kiara." Rani said. "It might have something to do with the fact that he knows that he could have killed me with that roar, since it also killed Janja." Kiara said. "Seems like it. I don't think it is easy knowing you almost killed your sister." Rani said. Kiara tried to rise from the ground, but she fell because of her broken leg. "Do you need any help getting back in the den?" Rani asked, looking at her sister in law struggling to walk. "That would be nice. Could you do that?" "Would I ask you if you need it, if I would not do it if you would say yes. Of course I will help you." Rani helped Kiara into the den, where everyone went to sleep.

"Kiara, where are you?!" Kion yelled. He walked into the Outlands, going into the direction of the volcano. Once he reached the volcano he entered it, since he heard noises coming from it. When he reached the middle of the volcano, he saw Kiara laying unconscious. The lava started bubbling. Kion knew what this meant, and he got scared because of it. "No, not this again. I have to get out of here." Kion tried to turn around, but he couldn't. His body forced him to walk closer to Kiara, who was laying close to the edge. When he was standing next to her, the bubbling of the lava stopped, and Scar appeared in the flames. "Scar! I'm not going to do it again. I won't take Kiara's life away again." Kion said when he saw Scar. "You have no choice Kion. Sisi ni sawa!" Scar said. Kion tried to stop himself from moving, but he couldn't. He touched Kiara, but he couldn't push her off the edge. "Kion." He heard Rani saying.

"Kion, wake up. We have to go back to the tree of life." Rani said, trying to wake Kion up. "Good morning, Rani. How was your night?" Kion said. "It was alright, nothing out of the ordinary, apart from that we are in the Pridelands, and not at the tree of life." She answered. "How was your night, Kion?" "I don't want to talk about it." "Still feeling bad for roaring at Kiara?" "Yeah, especially since that same roar also killed Janja. Kiara could have been dead now because of me." "It's okay, Kion. She is alive." Rani got closer to Kion and nuzzled him. "We should go back to the tree of life now." she said after a few seconds. Kion nodded in response. The two lions walked out of the den, into the savannah sun.

There were no clouds in sight, which meant it was going to be a hot day. "Safe travels Kion, Rani." Simba said. "Thanks dad." Kion and Rani left the Pridelands. They were going back to the Tree of Life.

After a few hours of walking Rani started talking. "Could you tell me what you dreamed about last night?" Kion got stunned by this question. After having stood still for a few seconds he continued to walk again. "I said I don't want to talk about it." Kion created some more distance between him and Rani. "Kion, I love you so much, but I really don't think this relation would work if you keep so many things secret for me." Kion loved Rani too, so hearing what she just said scared him. He did not want to lose her, so he started talking. "Did I ever tell you what I dreamt about when I was visiting the Pridelands with Bunga?" he asked Rani. "I don't think you ever did." "Well, I dreamt about me killing Kiara. I didn't want to, but I couldn't stop myself. Scar had me under control." Kion started.

"That must be why almost having killed her made you so scared

"That must be why almost having killed her made you so scared." Rani concluded. "Indeed. last night I dreamt about me killing Kiara again. I was searching for her in the Outlands. When I entered the volcano I saw her. She was unconscious. Scar appeared in the volcano. My body started moving closer to Kiara. I knew what was going to happen. I would kill her again. Luckily you woke me up only a few seconds before she would have been pushed into the lava. Thank you for doing that." Rani was completely silent. She did not know what to say after hearing this. The two just kept walking.

It was late in the afternoon, and Kion and Rani were getting close to the tree of life. They heard noises coming from behind. Kion looked behind him. "Makucha! Get away, you know what the roar can do, and I don't think you want to experience that again. You don't even know everything it can do already." "Oh yeah, like what... Can it kill me?" Makucha asked. "Yes it can. Haven't you heard about what happened to Janja?" "No, what happened to him?" "Janja completed his journey in the circle of life, thanks to the roar. Do you want that to happen to you." "No, of course I don't." "Then get lost. Right now." Makucha didn't leave, instead he got ready to fight. Seeing this, Kion got ready to fight too. "Rani, get behind me. I got this." he said. Rani did what Kion told her to do. Kion wanted to roar, but before he could do that Makucha pounced on him. The lion and the leopard started rolling around, fighting each other. Rani did not want to see them fighting. She wanted to see Kion beating Makucha, so she decided to get into the fight. She pushed Makucha off of Kion, so Kion was able to use the roar. The roar that Kion used looked like it was one that Kion would use out of anger, but he was calm. Kion stopped roaring, and he looked around. He couldn't see Makucha, but he also couldn't see any leaves on trees and bushes. Kion turned around, and ran away, back to the Tree of Life.