Prologue

-One Year Ago-
Location: Washington Lodge, Blackwood Pines
Time: 0200

Y/N

"Hannah!" I heard a voice shout in the open. I turned my phone off as I went and investigated the noise. "Sam?" I let out as I see her pacing the second floor. "Y/N! Have you seen Hannah?" She asks as she grasps onto my shoulder. I shook my head. "No. How come?" I ask as she sighs.

"Jess, Emily, Mike, Matt, and Ashley are going to prank Hannah..." She lets out as her grip on my shoulder loosens. "Why Hannah? Is it because she likes Mike?" I ask as I try to contain myself.

Sam nods. "Beth isn't going to like this..." I muttered as I walked off. "Wait! Y/N!" Sam shouts for my name as she catches up. "Please don't go ballistic on them. Please?" Sam asks me as she looks into my eyes. I sighed and just nodded. I heard her let out a sigh of relief as I made my way towards the guest room.

As I was about to open the door, the door opened itself and out came Hannah. Hannah bumps past me as she runs down the stairs. "...stupid prank." Sam finished her sentence that I was unable to catch. I glared at the people in the room as they held their head low. I turned on my heels and walked out of the lodge. Everyone else followed.

We stopped in front of the lodge. "Hannah!" Sam shouts out for her name. "What's going on? Where's my sister going?" A voice queried as I turned back and see Beth. "Ugh, it's fine, she just can't take a joke..." Jess answered.

"It was just a prank, Han!" Emily shouts into the forest. "What did you do?!?" Beth shouted at the group as I stood there unfazed. "We were just messing around, Beth.... It wasn't serious—" Mike was cut off by Beth.

"You jerks!" She shouted as she ran into the woods too. "So... should we go after her?" Mike asks the group. "Y'know I kinda think you're the last person she wants to see right now, Mike." Sam answers him.

Without even thinking I started sprinting into the woods. The last thing I heard before I enter the woods, was Sam's voice calling out my name...

> > > > >

"Hannah! Beth!" I repeatedly shout as I was out in the open. I continued to follow the footsteps as I finally see them. "Hannah! Beth!" I shouted once more as they looked back. Their eyes widened as they run. 'Dammit...!' I scolded as I ran towards them. I finally found them and they were close to the cliffs.

"Hannah! Beth! Don't move! Stay sti— no!" I shouted as they fell down. I felt a sudden warmth come from behind me as I made my way towards the cliff. I looked down and saw Beth struggling to hold onto the branch and Hannah.

"Beth! Take my hand!" I shouted as I extended my hand. I watched as she looked at Hannah then at the branch she climbed onto. She smiled up at me and I watched as her mouth opens. My eyes widen as I try to grasp onto her hand...but I was too late...

I fell back onto the snow and started punching the ground as the cold winter started to hit me. I stopped as the darkness started to consume me. Tears started running down my face.

'I couldn't save them in time...I was too late...' I scolded myself as I remembered what Beth said.

"It's not your fault...it's theirs..."