Cries and Comfort

A/N:

This lil' nugget of a chapter is dedicated to the lovely, the talented @lushing for creating a story that I've fallen completely head-over-heels for. 

"Flushed"

It's abso-fucking-lutely amazing and I recommend you read it right this instant and then report back so we can discuss in true fangirl culture. Not to mention this chica is quite literally making me bLUSHINGS (that was bad ignore me) with her cutesy-tootsy comments. So ily girl, keep rocking on <3

correct my mistakes yo

Alrighty then. 

You nuggs behave love you <3

===============================

- TROYE -

My heartbeat quickens as I hear Zoe's worried tone, and the worst possible scenarios rush to my head.

"What? What the fuck happened? Where is he?" I ask, frantically.

"2nd floor, C wing," she breathes, finally collecting her breath. 

I give her a thankful smile before pushing past the crowds of people and hurrying up the steps to the second floor. The urgency to get to Tyler is unnerving as I run through the hallways, ignoring the weird looks and annoyed glances.

When I finally reach the C wing bathroom, I rush in, scanning the area for Tyler.

"Ty?" I call out, quietly, not wanting to have chosen the wrong bathroom and be talking to someone who wasn't Tyler.

"Tr-troye?" 

I hear the broken response coming from the last stall and immediately hurry into the bathroom, a part of my heart breaking when I see Tyler hugging himself and his red, swollen eyes.

"Baby, what happened?" I breathe, sliding down next to him and gathering him in my arms.

His shoulders shake with sobs as he cries into my chest, his hands gripping at the back of my shirt. The bell sounds, telling us that 8th period has started, and this just causes Tyler's sobs to strength with worry and stress.

"I-I cou-couldn't....and p-op quiz.....fa-failed it," he sobs, his words not making any sense.

"Gorgeous, please don't cry," I plead, squeezing him to prevent any more tears from falling from those precious eyes.

"I-I'm gonna fai-fail," he cries, his fluttering breath tearing at my heart.

"It's one quiz, it won't do anything too bad! Plus, you have the entire semester left," I tell him, rubbing his back with my hand.

"Bu-but it won't he-help my grade either," he sniffles, his breath still stuttering.

"It'll be okay, I promise," I say, kissing the top of his head and using my shirt to wipe the tears off his face.

"Wh-what if I m-mess up again?" he asks, looking up at me with those big, glistening eyes.

My heart swoons at the sight of him in such a vulnerable state, with his wet eyes and red nose, the creases in his forehead and the corners of his lips twitching with sadness.

"You won't. I know you. You didn't mess up now, and you're not going to mess up later," I reply, holding his face in my hands and wiping the continuing tears off his cheeks.

I let go of his face, and he immediately falls back into my chest while I try my best to make him stop sobbing.

"You're smart, Tilly. Not to mention, the hardest-worker I know," I whisper.