Football Games and Soda Spills

- TYLER -

Zoe had picked me up from my house in her amazing white and pink convertible. It was beautiful, but it made me want cotton candy. 

I sat in the back with Louise while Tan and Zoey sat in the front. I know I just met these girls, but they're the kind of people who aren't awkward when you first talk to them. Besides, I didn't have many friends and they were sweet. 

Zoe pulls into the school parking lot, and my eyes light up at the sight of the student section on the bleachers. It was huge!! Football games were never like this at my old school! No one ever came to them, but it seemed as though the entire city had come to this game. People were pooled in tight groups, the crowd overflowing onto the track surrounding the field. 

Smaller groups were in the parking lot, smoking what I hoped wasn't weed, and leaning against cool cars.

Why does everyone in this country have cool cars?

"TY, COME ON" Tanya giggles, grabbing my hand and pulling me through the gates.

"Zoeeee, I'm boreddd" I whine, stomping my feet.

"Ugh, just wait one minute. I want to go say hi to Alfie" she says.

The rest of the girls and I "Awwww" at her while she just rolls her eyes while walking to her boyfriend somewhere in the parking lot. 

Tanya, Louise, and I walk to the snack stand and I just get a water before we head to the stands to watch the game.

We all plop down on the bleachers, Zoe joining us several minutes later.

- ZOE -

I sit down next to Tyler, my heart fluttering with excitement.

My new friend was going to be reunited with my old friend, his summer love. It's like a movie or something!! I try to watch the game, still thinking about how excited they'll be when they see each other again.

I hope Troye acts like himself and not like the jerk Caspar and Joe want him to be. 

DING! 

My phone buzzes in my lap, and I quickly retract it from my pocket and slide open the message.

-

FROM: TROYE

Guess who's still got game ;)

-

The photo attached was a picture of several napkins with phone numbers written on them.

-

TO: TROYE

You are unbelievable

-

I roll my eyes at his fake sluttiness. I know that deep down Troye doesn't want to be this guy, but everyone has convinced him that this is who he should be: a slutty player.

FROM: TROYE

Why thank you :*

ps when do i get your surprise??? i'm getting mobbed by thirsty-ass people here

-

Glancing back at Tyler's cheery face, I decide that they should meet eventually.