Looking at the things she brought me, I applied some concealer over my eyes and some blush on my cheeks. More would make my mom suspicious. I brushed my hair which I'm sure messed up while riding.

I carefully laid everything in the same manner she left everything and holding the tray, I walked down the stairs to give the things back.

Scott was holding the same photo I looked yesterday. He was running a hand through his dark fringe when he heard my steps at the end of the stairs. He left the frame and glanced at me smiling, "you look lovely, Em"

Rolling my eyes, I snorted, "please, let's keep it honest, Scott" Still, I felt my cheeks flush at his words.

Scott laughed and shook his head, "I am being honest, Emily" he voiced after a few seconds. "Are you cold?"

I shook my head and left the tray on the table in front of me. Thankfully, the same huge vase was there so I tried to hide behind the flowers. I was blushing more and I'm sure my eyes widened at his statement.

"Come on, I have to take you home" Scott walked towards me and led the way to the garage. He grabbed the same keys, meaning that I was going to be treated to another awesome drive in his Ferrari. When we got to the car he opened the door for me smirking. He winked at me as he closed my door. I watched his every move as he walked around the car to his seat.

Is it wrong that my heartbeats were going really fast inside me?

I knew I had to get home, but to be honest, he was an awesome distraction and I didn't want this to end. Spending time with Scott was always somewhat of a thrill...

As we approached the now familiar dirt road that led to my house, I realized that he never asked me why I was crying like that.

Sighing, I turned to look at him and as I tilted my head I watched him curiously. His lips tugged up in a small smile, but he didn't turn to look at me.

My eyes roamed around his profile. His long eyelashes stood out from his face as his straight nose. His untamable fringe was all over the place.

How can anyone be so handsome?

The pictures that I'd seen on magazines didn't do him justice...

The car stopped but I didn't notice. I was too lost ogling at him. Scott turned my way and a small smile spread on his lips. Still looking at him, I smiled back. For some reason, I felt my mouth go dry at the intense stare he was giving me.

We stayed silently like that for a few seconds. I swallowed the small bump I felt on my throat, "thank you, Scott" I blushed before adding, "Again"

"You're welcome, Emily" His chocolate eyes darkened slightly as he spoke.

I didn't want to get out of the car and I had a feeling he felt the same. So we stayed like that for a few more minutes, until my phone's song broke the not so comfortable silence. There was some kind of weird tension in the air. Good weird, if that makes any sense.

Grabbing the phone, I looked at the caller and saw that my mom's number was showing. I peeked outside, behind Scott, and blushed as I saw my mother with a smugly smirk on her face showing me her phone.

Rolling my eyes, I looked at my hands in my lap, "I have to go, my mom is making fun of me" I mumbled embarrassed.

Scott turned to look at my mom and laughed as he shook his head, "yeah." His eyes sparkled amused, "can I call you tomorrow? Snow liked you and I think you liked riding her too"

Smiling, I nodded, "yeah, she's an awesome horse. And I'm honored to ride her."

"I'll call you, then..."

"Ok" I reluctantly pulled the seatbelt off and before I knew it, Scott was walking around the car to open the door for me again. My breath caught as I got out of the car and ended up standing in front of him as he watched my every move with his mesmerizing chocolate eyes.

"Thank you so much for not asking me questions, Scott" I fidgeted with my beige sweater and looked at the floor completely embarrassed.

Gently, he placed his thumb beneath my chin and slowly raised my chin. He cupped my cheek and my heart started speeding on its own accord as my mouth felt dry.

Scott's eyes roamed through my face stopping a little bit longer at my lips. Looking at me straight into my eyes a small smile was drawn on his face, "everyone has problems, Em. One day, when you feel like it, I trust you will confide in me."

His thumb stroked gently on my cheek before he pulled it away. He took one step back to let me through. I was frozen on the spot, though...

What was all that about?

Miraculously, my brain worked and I walked towards my house. As I approached the door, I turned and he was standing on the driver's side with the door opened smiling at me. I smiled back and waved at him.

"Thank you" I mouthed. He winked at me and got in his car. The sound of the Ferrari's engine made my grin wide even more and I stood there watching his car drive away.

Suddenly, my mother cleared her throat behind me. She was watching me completely amused and the previous smirk was now wider. "Well, are you going to come in, or what?"

Blushing, I shook my head.

"Stop it, Mother" I teased her.

Mom laughed and the sound of her laughter brought a warm and cozy feeling as I remembered that laughter a few years ago. Smiling, I got in the house to find our two female guests both smirking at me.

Jeez...

It was going to be a long night...

I'm sure they were all going to tease me to death. Still, that was more appealing that dealing with all the baggage that I would have to deal with eventually.

Yet, a cozy feeling made my stomach tingle...

All, thanks to the handsome prince that brought me home.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I know, not the longest chapter, but still a chapter, huh? ;D

It took me all morning to write this chapter. I think it's a cute chappie, though...

As always, I'm overwhelmed at your supportive comments and votes. Thanxs guys!

I'll try to update this story soon, I can't say when, but your comments and requests are what make me want to write all the time!

Have a nice day/night!