5

"Guys guys!! "

Priya took the mic and got up the dice .

"I am so happy to see our juniors here. As our college is strictly against ragging, we have decided to give all of you a task. So guess what..  we are going to conduct a newspaper dance competition.!"

A loud round of applause. Some of the boys began to jump in excitement, after all it's a nice chance to look for a new girlfriend.

"Oh come on!!" , Riya asked for another drink, "this loser sister is always behind irritating me. "

Roshni giggled. "What's the problem Riya... It's just a dance."

"Just a dance for you, not me. And that too pair dance. Eww!! I hate it."

Priya continued get announcement.
"So, I know all of you are not new here, and... Some of you are already couples. So you can select your pair as you want. And those who didn't get any pair, please come to my right hand side.  An important note, every juniors should participate.."

Riya ran towards her sister dragging along Roshni.
"Priya , please can we both become a pair.. please.."

"What!! Not at all little brat. You should chose a boy, not a girl."

"Is it... Then.. I will go with Kabir."

"No way!!" , Tanu came to the scene holding Kabir's hand.
"Ms . Riya Sharma, Kabir is my boyfriend. So he will dance with me. Understood..."

"Oyy.. he is not your one and only boyfriend na.. I know you very ok. Go and chose one among your other boyfriends. Give him to me."
Riya caught his other arm.

"No he is mine.. "

"Not mine.."

And they started to pull him towards their sides.

"Just shut up ok!! Kabir go with Riya. And you Tanu, go dance with Angad..Go.."
Priya declared. A furious Tanu left his hand moved.

"What about me..?" , Roshni stood lost.

"Oh you..", Riya dragged her towards the bar counter.
Vicky was sipping from his wine glass.

"Hello... Vicky bro.. here you go. Dance with this girl..."

He turned back towards them. Roshni stood a bit tensed. She knew, he would deny.

"I am not interested in dancing."

"Hello dude.. don't you heard what was the announcement... Everyone should participate. That includes you too Mr.Grover. "

He stood up from his seat and caught her hand. He dragged her towards the dice.

A whole big piece of newspaper was laid out for every couple.  All of them stood over it. The music started.
All of them were happily dancing except two.

Vicky and Roshni, stood over the paper without looking at each other's face. They were just moving, maintaining a distance between.

The paper was folded. Music played again. They came a bit closer. Roshni noticed his face. But nothing much changed.  Some of the pairs were failed in losing balance.

Again the paper folded. Merely two people can stand. They were very much closer. She held his arms for support, but still he didn't give her an attention. Music started. Slow movements.  Some pairs lost balance and failed.

Second last round. Five teams.  Paper folded as only one can stand freely. The ladies stepped on their partners' foot, so as our couple. This time , Roshni lost her balance. She was just going to fall, but he caught her waist and pulled towards him at the right time. Music started. For the first time in the whole competition, he was lost in her eyes so as her.
What is in your eyes Vicky.. Why are they so complicated, yet so hypnotic'
She thought.