14

Water droplets sprinkled on her face, helping her to back conscious. Roshni found herself in the sick room, surrounded by her friends. She tried to get up, but she wasn't strong enough. Still, a strong hands gripped her. It didn't looked much time for her to recognize the pair of hands.
Vicky sat behind her, making her lean on his shoulder. Roshni gazed him for a while and averted.

"Roshni...", Riya sat beside her. "Are you okay... "

Roshni nodded with a slight smile.

Riy: "Seriously dude... I never thought my topper best friend will turn out to be such a mousy. Like, you saw a deadbody , next second you are gone. Thank God, you didn't decided to be a doctor. I think you should take rest now. "

Ros: "Riya... And all of you, thanks for helping. You all can go back to the class. I will go to hostel now. I don't feel like to sit in class"

Riy: "Ok.. come on. I will drop you hostel. "

Ros: "It's okay Riya. I can go myself. And it's not that far right. Ah.. Vicky, I think you can also leave. I will manage."

Roshni sat straight.

"Okay.. your wish dude. I will meet you at the hostel evening." , Riya, Kabir and others left leaving the duo alone.

"Vicky... I told you right, I am fine. You can go to the class."

Vicky stood up. Turning towards her, he extended his arms.

"Vicky.. but..."

"Shh!! You very well know, I am not gonna listen. Shut up and come on. "

Roshni placed her hand above his. He guided her towards his car.

Ro: "Vicky, where are we going. Hostel is right behind the college. "

Vi: "I know. Get in "

Starting an argument with Victor Grover is not at all a good idea. She knew it very well. So she decided to keep quiet and follow him.

Ride was not so long. Or maybe she didn't felt so, as she was too busy with her thoughts. The car parked near a lake side. Vicky stepped out and opened the door for her like a gentleman.

Vi : "What's the matter Roshni?"

She remained silent.

"I am asking you something."

Nothing changed. Vicky was losing his patience. He grabbed her shoulders.
"Roshni answer me."

"I don't know Vicky!!" , She freed herself and nearly shouted. "I don't know. "

She averted her gaze towards the lake.
"I don't know what's happening with me. I am not my old self. You know what..." , She turned back to him.  "I could have saved that girl, if I tried, if I was a bit courageous."

Vicky didn't interrupt. He wanted her to continue.

"Vicky last night, last night something weird happened. I was near the window looking at the moon. Suddenly a strange feeling , a fear gripped me. When I closed my eyes, I could see... I could see that girl running for her life, from some wolves. I even heard their scream.
But I was scared. Plus, I promised you that I won't go back to the forest alone. It made me weak. I taught myself, it's just a bad dream.  And look... Look what happened. She is dead."

Vicky neared and touched her shoulders.

"Vicky I am getting mad. I feel so helpless, I feel I am alone, fighting with myself.
First those nightmares, then Gayatri and now this. God knows what more has to come. I am fed up.
I think I should leave this place and go back to Orphanage. I can't handle this anymore. I can't... I can't. "

Roshni fell on his arms letting her tears out. Vicky was still silent. He was slowly connecting the dots. He knew, she is converting. Converting from a normal human being to....

He held her close. He knew his support was very necessary for her at this point. "Roshni, don't worry. I am with you. And I promise, I will surely let you out of this delima. "

Vicky remembered the promise he given once to Gayatri. But he couldn't full fill. Now, time has given him another chance to save her. And this time he will do it at any cost.

.
.
.

Vicky rushed towards his Dad. He is the only one can help him now. A three hundred year old Vampire , was not only powerful but also was a treasure of wide knowledge about everything.

"Dad... She is converting. "

Chand and Clare looked at their son who seemed too much stressed and worried.

"Hmm.. So her 22nd birthday is coming , right?" , Chand questioned.

"Three months" , Vicky answered.

"You know, what to do Vicky. Be with her always. They shouldn't find her. Else.. you know what will happen. They will destroy her along with the whole Vampire clan. That couldn't happen. Her safety is your responsibility. We need her Vicky. We need her." , Chand declared.

Vicky shifted his gaze to the fireplace. The burning fire, remained him of his biggest loss . Her screams are still echoing in his ears.

"No... Not this time... "

A short chapter . I hope you guys enjoyed.

By the way, a small clarification. The story is ofcourse happening in this century. The time period given in trailer was a small misunderstanding between me and @Aiswarya2018 .

So just keep that date aside. 😁

Stay safe everyone. Eid Mubarak to all. Have a prosperous time ahead.

Annujam😘😘😘