The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

September first could not have come sooner.

My level of excitement was beyond comprehension, leaving me to bustle about Ginny and I's shared bedroom and triple check that I had packed everything I could possibly need for the time I'd be away. It wasn't just me, however, that was in this hectic state — it was my entire family.

All but the one sibling that couldn't go, Ginny.

I spent a good deal of my last morning at home with her specifically, assuring the ten-year-old that I would be back soon and that she wouldn't be alone with our parents for long.

Her despair increased the same as my excitement when it came time to leave for Kings Cross. Kings Cross is a train station in London, where students board the Hogwarts Express to the school.

As per usual, my family was running a tad behind schedule when we reached the station. We had to push through the crowd, all shouting apologies as we ran for the platform. Once we had reached between the walls labeled nine and ten, my mother soothed our panic and told us that we had more than enough time before the train would depart.

While we were catching our breath and beginning the dreaded goodbyes, I noticed — out of the corner of my eye — that a boy about my age was hesitantly approaching us. I stepped away from my twin's side and moved until I was directly in the boy's path; my gaze met the stranger's, and I noticed for the very first time that his sparkling, emerald green eyes managed to stare deep into my contrasting blue ones.

He had messy, raven-black hair. The long bangs of which were slightly hovering over the top of his old, circular pair of glasses — which were resting crooked on his nose.

He swallowed deeply, obviously nervous. I sent him a reassuring smile, waiting for him to ask whatever question was quite blatantly swimming though his mind.

"Do you know how to —?" stuttered the boy, his prepubescent voice wavering as he gestured to the platform's entrance behind me. "Um —"

I turned my head to look at the brick wall, opening my mouth to respond. Before I could, however, my mother's voice flooded into the conversation.

"You want to know how to get onto the platform?" She inquired. "Your first time at Hogwarts?"

The boy nodded, his pale face turning a dark shade of red. I giggled at the sight, to which his pretty eyes shot to me for a second before quickly returning to my mother. Despite the mere gleam of attention he gave me, his blush increased.

Based on the effect my family was having on him, it seemed all right to make the assumption that he was quite shy.

"It is Ron's and Alex's, as well," She gave him a warm smile, gesturing to Ron and then to me. I could feel my face flush a light pink when his attention was diverted to me, but I still sent him a gentle grin and a small wave. He smiled at the sight of my awkward greeting, letting a light chuckle escape his lips. "Just run straight at the wall, it helps to close your eyes if you're nervous — or maybe to take a running start.

"Fred," She looked in the direction of the stand-off set of twins, immediately causing for their heads to shoot up towards her. "Why don't you go first and show him?"

"He's not Fred, I am!" exclaimed one of the two identical boys loudly.

"Yeah, Mum," The other nodded in agreement. "And you call yourself our mother."