Book 1: Letters, Wands, and Cats

Hello, I am Alex Weasley.
It is not a very special or unique name, but I quite like it. I have blue eyes and red hair, the latter being something that travels throughout my large family.

I suppose that I should start at the beginning?
Yes, all right.

My birthday had just recently passed, leaving me to the exciting age of eleven. This also meant that I would soon be starting my schooling at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I was very excited, to say the least, with the end of years of anticipation finally approaching. My whole family, except for one younger sibling that was not yet old enough, had attended the school or was still doing so by this time.

In summary, the fact that the coming school-year was approaching had left my family and house in a more hectic state than usual:

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

"Get up!" My sapphire-blue eyes shot open upon hearing the noise, only to be met with the sight of two of my older brothers, Fred and George, stood beside the small bed on which I laid. "Get up! Alex, get up!"

"No, go away," I mumbled, my eyelids falling shut once again as my nimble fingers tugged the blue bedsheets closer to my face. "Five more minutes.  .  .  ."

"Mum sent us to wake you," One of them stated, and there was a sudden pull on the blankets while he attempted to pry them from my grasp.

"Who let you in anyway?" I instinctively brought my legs up closer to my torso when the warmth was successfully removed, my body curling against itself to resemble a ball.

"You share a room with Ginny," An identical voice to the first commented.

"Besides," The other chimed.

"The door was unlocked," Their voices blended, and it was almost difficult — especially with sleep weighing on my mind — to tell that more than one person had spoken.

My eyes opened reluctantly, filled with annoyance as they drifted to the twins: they each cast me the same cheeky grin, their identical features keeping me from deciphering exactly which was Fred and which was George. They each had a matching pair of mud-brown eyes, ones that deeply contrasted to my pair of blue. Eye colour aside, their hair was the same fiery red as mine.

"What do you even want?" I whined as I sat up, wrapping my arms around my torso in an attempt of returning to my body some of the warmth that it had lost.

"Hogwarts letters have arrived!" They informed me, the new information causing for the sleepiness to instantly vanish from my mind.

I hurried from the bed, tripping over my own two feet as I scrambled passed the thirteen-year-old boys. I left the bedroom, rushing for the door beside mine.

"Ron!" I didn't bother knocking, and instead barged straight into the small room. "Hogwarts letters! Our letters are here!"

"What —?" He spoke slowly as he pushed himself up on his elbows in his messy bed.

"Our Hogwarts letters have come," I repeated, waving him over from my place in the doorway.

He pushed his dark blankets off of himself, stepping out of the bed and onto the floor. He crossed the room to join me, and together we exited into the hallway.

Ronald Weasley was my twin brother. We had the same coloured eyes and hair, my skin only slightly tanner than his. He was born a mere five minutes before, but that didn't stop him from towering over me in height.