Mudbloods and Murmurs

|ALEXANDRIA WEASLEY'S P.O.V|

"He's coming. . . !"

My voice, high in a song-like tone and filled with happiness, bounced off the stone in the nearly empty corridor.

I was leant against a wall, one of my ankles tucked over the other and my crossed arms pressed against my chest as I stared down the corridor — Harry Potter, with a hand buried in his unruly head of raven-black hair, was nervously searching for a place to hide.

"Be quiet, Ria!"

I laughed loudly, ignoring the playful glare he cast in my direction and instead pointing toward a statue of a knight in shining, metal armor. With a thankful smile, the boy disappeared behind the knight and into the shadows — completely hidden from sight.

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the now silent corridor, and I stood straight off of the wall as the teacher rounded the corner. Gilderoy Lockhart strutted through the passageway, adorned in billowing robes the colour of burgundy flowers and a large smile on his face.

"Good afternoon, Professor," I greeted as he passed me, but was merely flashed a smile quicker than lightning as he continued on his way. I scoffed once he was out of sight, my blue eyes rolling as I muttered a quiet, "Git."

Harry stepped out of the shadows, pulling the strap of his rucksack further up on his arm to keep it from slipping off completely. I flicked my ginger hair off of my shoulder and hurried to meet him halfway down the corridor, a frown imprinted on my lips.

"Did you see that?" I asked, allowing for him to lead us toward the Great Hall for lunch — where we would be meeting Ron and Hermione. "He totally dismissed my politeness."

"Oh, yes," scoffed Harry as we turned the corner, "because you are the pure example of politeness."

"Oh, shove it," I said with a smile, placing one of my hands on his shoulder and giving a hard push that made him stumble a few steps.

"See, you've proven my point!"

After Harry and I's conversation in front of the portrait hole, he had led me to the Hospital Wing as promised — there he stayed with me for over an hour as Madame Pomfrey (the school's Healer) worked to make my bruises disappear. Therefore, in place of those wounds, I left the Hospital Wing pain-free and with a new mate. It was now a few days later.

Our friendship began a tad oddly; Harry was being practically followed by not only our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but also a young and curious first-year by the name of Colin Creevey — who, although very sweet, felt the need to ask Harry how he was doing about seven times per day. And so, Harry and I spent most of our time trying to hide him from these people; Ron and Hermione were of no help, and found the overall situation rather hilarious — which I did as well, but tried to hide in hopes of savouring Harry and I's new friendship for at least a little while.

"I don't understand why you find the need to hide from Gilderoy Lockhart," Hermione shook her head in disbelief, the moment Harry and I slid onto the bench across from her at the Gryffindor table.

"Hermione," began Harry in exasperation, and I glanced between the two of them whilst helping myself to a turkey sandwich. "He's mental."