Chapter 9: Secret Moments

Day 7

I hadn't seen her in a week. We decided that we wanted to take things slow and not rush into this, so I was going to just talk to her in her room today. We were going to have to appreciate the little moments we got alone. We were on dangerous grounds now.

Because every Com had a tracker in it and we had to wear it at all times, someone would know if Vers and I were together. Another Commander would only have to check my location and we would be busted. So during the day, we never met. I was on duty and she was as well, it was too much of a risk. So we would both have to give up some precious nighttime to see each other.

It was worth it though. She was worth it. 

So on day seven, I snuck out of my apartment at twelve and quietly made my way over to her room. It was quiet in the hallways, but I did pass some people. They didn't pay any attention to me luckily, so at twelve-thirty, I knocked on her door. I was just as nervous as last week. 

I didn't stay in her room for too long after we had kissed. Yon knew where I had gone and if he had come to look for me, he would have found us in a very close position. So I hadn't actually talked to her a lot after that.

The door went open and her hand immediately took mine, pulling me in. 'Well, hello to you too', I laughed at her. 

'Hey', she smiled back. Pulling me with her to the bed. The room didn't have a couch, so we had no other option than to sit there.

'Shouldn't you take me on a date first?', I teased her. Her ears turned red just like her cheeks and she stuck her tongue out at me. 

'Says the woman who kissed me', she returned back to me, sitting and pulling me down with her. 

'Hey! That is not true! You were going to kiss me but you took too long, so I had to make a decision', I said with a huff. 

'So you are saying that you did kiss me', she tilted her head a bit to the side and raised one eyebrow.

'No, it was a mutual kissing', I said matter-of-factly. 

After a short silence in which she pretended to think about my compromise, she replied, nodding, 'Hmm, I can live with that'. We both laughed at that.

Her brown eyes seemed to take me in as I waited for her to say something, but I didn't mind her eyes on me. I wished she would always look at me like that.

'I am curious about something, though', she suddenly said in the silence that had settled over us.

'Shoot'

'What made you change your mind? About us?' I liked the way she said that. Us. Like we we no longer individuals but two people who belonged together. 

My cheeks turned red from the embarrassment I felt, even though there was no need to. I knew she wouldn't judge me. 'What do you think? I walk into the Commanders offices and I hear that your ship was shot down. All I could think about is if you were okay. Then I knew I was already in too deep, so I decided to jump all the way'. I then looked up and laughed at the memory, 'I think I scared the shit out of the woman behind the desk at the hospital wing when I demanded she tell me where you were.'