interrogation

As soon as I said those words I already knew what was going to happen, as it had many times before, an interrogation.

" So how long have you lived up here?" Miles asked, tilting his head.

" Up where?" I asked back.

" You Kno, Maine?" He said.

" Um, well, usually, Kate and I are in New Hampshire."

(I just said New Hampshire bc ion really know where Kate lived😔)

" So you drove for that long just to be with your mom?"

I flinched at that word, mom. Miles must have noticed because he started asking questions about Kate.

" Wait, do you not like your mom?" Miles furrowed his eyebrows.

" No no no. It's not that, Kate is the best."

" You call her Kate instead of mom? What happened with you two in New York?"

"N- no. That's not why I call her Kate." I hesitated

" Then why?"

" She's not my real mom. Ok?" I muttered

He looked in awe. " I- I'm sorry. But you can kinda tell."

My face mushed into a confused look. "Huh?"

" Yeah. You guys look nothing alike."

" How long have you lived with her?" He asked bluntly.

"Four years, I think."

"So since you were.... Eleven?"

" Yeah, about."

" What about your real mom?" He said.

I looked up at him.

" S- sorry. You don't have to answer that."

" No. No. It's ok. She was not a good mother. When we lived down in the Bronx, she would stay gone for days at time, she wouldn't ever watch us. She was always arguing with one man or another. She had all of us young."

"Us...?" He questioned.

" Me, my brother and my little sister."

" How hard was it."

( That's what she said😭)

" I didn't think it was that hard at the time, because I was so used to it. I was also very bad. I was in a lot of fights, I did drugs, I was stealing. It took a while for me to get better, I just worry about my brother and sister because they're still in that environment."

" Where are your siblings?"

" I literally just told you." I said with a scowl on my face.

" Oh... Uh. Yeah. Sorry" he looked down.

" No. It's okay, really." I said feeling mean for making him feel bad.

" You know, you don't have an accent?" He said looking back up at me.

" Huh?" I asked

" You know like one of those New Yorkian accents." He said with a cute smile spreading across his face.

" New Yorkian?" I giggled.

" Yeah, you don't sound like you came from New York."

" Well,  actually, I do, I can just hide it, I know how to speak without an accent from being around Kate so much." I smiled.

" Can you do it?" He smirked, with his eyes sparkling as I looked into them.

Damn, he's hot.

" Oh my gooooosh, ew, no." I started laughing.

" Please y/ n?" He poked his lower lip out as he begged.

" Ugh fine. What am I supposed to say?" I asked.

" Say.... Uhhhhh.... The dog went on a walk for the ball." He said, sounding satisfied with his answer.

" The dawg went fou a waulk fou the baul." I said, the words just sliding out of my mouth as I was used to talking in this accent, especially when I was angry.

Miles giggled, " Say something else."

" No, that's enough New York for one day."

" Awwww come on." He said in a sad tone.

" I have to go to bed, I'm tired, and I have to get up early."

" It's a little to late for that, it's like 4 am." Miles said looking over at the alarm clock on his night stand.

" Oh shit. Goodnight Miles!" I said rushing into my room.

" Goodnight y/ n" Miles said trying to be quiet but sorta yelling.

Y/n stripped down to her sports bra and underwear as she crawled into bed, set her alarm and put her phone on the charger.

Just as she threw her head down on the pillow, her phone began to ring.

Her body tensed as she saw the familiar number light up on her phone.

It was y/n' s mom.

Hey guys, it's me, sorry again for not posting that much, it's been really hard with this quarantine thing, too much school work. But the good news is I don't have school until August so I have plenty of time to finish this book, hopefully.

Sincerely, Chelsea.