aux

After I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, I started to undress and hang my towel on the rack beside the shower. I then turned the water on a little below the the halfway mark, making it a little cold but it didn't really bother me.

"KAAAATE" I screamed. A moment of silence followed. "KATE!!" I screamed again.

"WHAT?!" She said as she flung the door open.

I peeked my head out of the shower curtain and asked, " Can you get me my speaker on the kitchen table please?"

She sighed and said "Sure."

I watched as she walked away from the bathroom. A few seconds later she swung back in and handed me the speaker.

I reached my hand out of the shower while trying to cover myself with the shower curtain with my other hand. I grabbed the speaker.
" Thanks Kate." I said as she walked away from me.

"No problem, y/n." She yelled from the hallway.

I turned the speaker on and then struggled to turn my bluetooth on. After about 2 minutes, it finally made a beeping sound, which means its connected. I picked my phone back up from the sink and started to play 'Flaming Hot Cheetos' by Clairo.

The song started and. I began to sing, after vocal lessons since I was 4, I was still not convinced I was any good.

Other people thought so but not me.

Sometimes I feel like I just wanna go back to my old ways, you're tellin me im silly it's no fun in the old days.

I began to wash my long strawberry brown hair, it almost reached my waist. I looked around for the Head & Shoulders but saw that we were out. I sighed and just settled for the Suave shampoo.

While I was lathering my hair, which seemed to take forever, I was thinking about my real family. My mom. My older brother, Jordan, he was my bestfriend before Kate adopted me, but he was always in the streets, I mean like he was a soundcloud rapper... So I didn' t really listen to his music. I then thought about my little sister as I was rinsing my hair, and how she looked nothing like me and Jordan, instead she looked like her mom.

I started to wash my body, and thought about how we all look. My sister, who has a different mom then me and Jordan, but the same dad as me, has dark brown/ black hair, a small upturned nose and freckles. My brother, that has a different dad than me and Jordan, but the same mom as me, has the same hair color, face shape, body build, and facial features as me and my mom.

I rinsed off my face grabbed my rag and began to wash my my body, and then thought about my looks, I have freckles underneath my eyes and on my nose, I hate them and I always have. I have blue eyes, no one really points them out like I thought. I have wavy hair due to my mother's curly hair, and im guessing my father's straight hair, I' ve never met my father though. I have a medium- ish bust, but they' re big for a 15 year old. I have a big but, which im guessing I get from my father's genetics because my mom only has back. Some girls are jealous of my body, but they really shouldn't be, due to my 'curves' I only wear baggy shirt and ripped jeans.
My hair color is a mix of red and brown.

I sometimes think people wonder how I'm Kate's daughter when we look nothing alike.

I rinsed my body off and started to get out of the shower. I grabbed my towel off of the rack and wrapped it around my body. I walked out of the bathroom and put my dirty clothes in the hamper.

" Took you long enough." Kate scoffed.

" Oh please I was only in there for..." I looked at my phone and saw that I was in there for over 30 minutes. I looked back up at Kate and said.  
"oops."

I walked away and started to dry off and get dressed. I put on deodorant and threw on a shirt I stole from my brother, it was blue and baggy, it had Air Jordan on the front and back. I then threw on some black ripped jeans. I did my skincare routine to make sure I don't get any breakouts.
I put on two plain black socks, and then my white Air Forces. I brushed my hair, went into the humid bathroom and brushed my teeth.

" Are you ready to go, y/n?"

"Yes Kate" I said and went out of the front door.

" Race ya!" Kate said and pushed past me. Sometimes she is more of a child then I am.

I rolled my eyes and finally got to the car.

" I win!" Kate said while trying to catch her breath.

I sat down in the passenger seat and started to text my boyfriend, Jadn. ( you can change it)

He had texted me while I was in the shower.

First love💞
----------------------

Wyd? I miss u.

Hello?

Babe?????

Are you alive??

Sorry, I was in the shower. I miss u too.

In the shower for 40 minutes?

A girls gotta get clean.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I plugged the aux cord into my phone and continued to play ' flaming hot cheetos' and started singing

Im such a romantic, I never remember how things really happen. I guess your attractive or somethin. Live in the moment thats what they tell me, but whatever happened to when you would hold me... Girlfriend or girl thats a friend? Its easy just to pretend that we dont have somethin real. Its just how we feel. 

Kate looked over at me with a shocked look on her face. " Where the hell did you learn to sing like that?"

" Ummmm. My mom put me in singing lessons when I was 4 and yeah ever since. Why do you think I stay after school on Thursday?