the dark mist

After Shamiko left, Momo felt mentally exhausted, so much things had happened in one day, she remembered having emotional breakdowns that didn't make any sense, and not remembering the cause of them. She felt as if it was all just some mandela effect or something, since Shamiko and Mikan also remembered them, every single time she tried to remember why she was feeling so bad or pointless in those moments, she only remembered darkness, only that she couldn't see anything, like nothing was there to hurt her, but she still was.
Momo decided to get ready for school, it was surely going to be another normal day where the usual would happen: school, training, and staying home with Metako, maybe chat with Shamiko or Mikan a bit, it would all go beautifully normal, and Momo wanted to believe this, but she still felt uneasy about something, something she couldn't possibly understand, a constant feeling that something was off.

-"(i'm going to make this a great day!.... Is what she would say...)"

As she walked towards the wardrobe to reach for her clothings, she progressively felt heavier and heavier, like something was making her lose control, like it was something inside her, or inside the wardrobe.
When she put her hand on the door, she stood thoughtful about if she should open it or not, as if she would find something terrible if she looked inside of it.

-"(....it's.. just a wardrobe...)"

Is what she told herself, as her grip on the handle got stronger and stronger, until she finally decided to open it.
From inside of it came a wave of black mist like coal dust that jumped onto Momo, the whole room was almost completely dark, leaving Momo shocked, and suddenly thoughtful.
Now she remembered everything again, why did she appear in the forest, why she woke up choking, why she needed Shamiko so badly when those things happened.
She could only feel bad then, she felt like she was worthless, she had to see Shamiko once again for the darkness to go away, Shamiko was the light that took away her worries and bad memories...... But that light was not there. She had pushed it away.

-"y o u p u s h e v e r y t h i n g a w a y"

-"gh-"

Momo couldn't help but feel awful, the voice somehow always knew how to make her feel like the scum of the world, like she was guilty for every crime that had ever been commited, like she was a... Parasite.
But this time she knew she would forget about what was happening, so she she came up with something, the darkness wouldn't get her next time.

She struggled through her phsycological torment to blindy reach for her schoolbag, she put her hand inside of it to pull out a pen she could use to write antwhere she wanted.
Momo rolled up her sleeves, ready to note down what was currently going on.
She put down the pen on her arm, starting to write the kanjis for 'darkness' before she heard whispers in her head once again.

-"y o u r e m e m b e r h e r r i g h t ?"

Momo didn't say a word, she knew she had to stay quiet, whatever she said would be used against her, no matter how much she wanted to answer, or try to ask something, she would end up feeling worse, and even probably fainting, she had to ignore whatever the voice said, no matter how inexplicably painful it was for her.
Momo kept writing on her arm with tears on her eyes, 'the darkness hurts'
But a childish familiar voice disrupted her thought, she knew that voice, a voice she liked to be next to, a voice she would hear every day. Yet she couldn't remember who was it from, Sakura? Mikan? It wasn't Shamiko....

-"you remember me, right Mochi?"

-"what... Who are..."

-".... You forgot me didn't you? You never looked for me.... You didn't care enough..."

Momo screwed up.

-".. y o u f o r g o t m e..."

Momo felt more fragile than ever, her hand was now shaking in fear and sorrow, and she could barely hold her arm up.
She wanted her message to be clear for herself, but she no longer had time, if she went on any longer, who knows what would happen? She didn't want to forget again, and again, until her mind died out, she had to do something, but there was no time.