Dislocated Shoulder

Prompt(s): Dislocated Shoulder + No Anesthetic

Warnings: Minor swearing

Published: 14 April 2020 

Word Count: 2240

Checked with Grammarly.

Once again the Danger Force was up against a new criminal. A fitness trainer, who got fired and now tried to blow up his former workplace. (There was seriously something wrong with the people in this town). Luckily Miles reacted quickly and teleported the bomb away, saying he would dispose it in the desert, where it can go off, without endangering anyone.

Ray, Mika, Chapa, and Bose went after the fitness trainer in the meantime. Since the heroes were distracted by the bomb for a few seconds, he had managed to escape the building. However, they busted him in the parking lot. Captain Man had tried to reason with him, asked him to give up before it got any worse. "I'm not going to prison!" He yelled. "Well, you will have to. It's too late to change that," Ray tried again, "But it's not too late to prevent anything worse than that."

Suddenly the guy punched Ray across the face, knocking him backward. "You will have to throw me into that cell!" Captain Man quickly recovered and got into a fighting stance. "Let's take him down, kids." The man started laughing. "Those babies?! I wanna see that!" The next moment a bolt of lightning flashed past his left ear. Before he even had a chance to recover, Ray threw a right hook at his face. The man stumbled back but was still able to dodge Captain Man's next punch. He backhanded the hero and delivered a heavy punch to Ray's nose.

Volt, Brainstorm, and ShoutOut now decided to take matters into their own hands and attacked with a series of battle cries. The criminal blocked all of the punches Chapa and Bose threw at him, but Mika's kick to his chest surprised him. In the corner of his right eye, he saw Captain Man once more approaching. Thinking fast, he grabbed the nearest person, who happened to be Mika and pushed her into the eldest hero. His focus then shifted to Brainstorm, who tried to hit him with a jab, but once again he easily blocked. Out of sudden Chapa jumped at him from behind, clung to his back and started punching his head. He managed to get a hold on the girl, pulling her off him. The man grabbed her by her collar and threw her away, with a surprising amount of force. Chapa flew a few feet and extended her right arm, trying to break her fall.

The next thing her teammates heard was a sickening popping sound and Chapa's nerve tearing scream of pain*. "Volt!" Her friends cried out in worry. This was the moment Ray had feared since he had allowed them to accompany him on missions. The moment where one of them got hurt. He had already felt this way about Henry because he could do nothing to help his friends. Because in such moments, he was completely useless.

Slowly he regained his composure and contacted Schwoz over his earpiece. "Schwoz, Volt is down. Probably injured. Get the infirmary ready* and tell AWOL we need him here ASAP!" "Got it." Came the answer.

Ray turned to Brainstorm and ShoutOut. They needed a plan to end this fight as fast as possible. They were already two members short so this had to work. "Brainstorm go and check on Volt. Cover her." With a short nod, the boy ran over to his companion. Chapa was laying on her back, clenching her right shoulder with her eyes squeezed shut in pain and an attempt to keep her tears from showing. But even Bose realized that something was seriously wrong. "It's going to be okay, alright? You're going to be fine," he whispered. Chapa just winced and clenched her shoulder tighter.

In the meantime, Captain Man and Mika were working on a plan. "If you can hold him in place, I can try to hit him with my sonic cream," The girl suggested. "Good plan. Let's do this!" Ray ran at the criminal, who tried to hit him once again, but he managed to dodge the attack and then slipped past his enemy's defense. With a quick maneuver, he spun around and pulled his opponent's arms behind his back, holding the man in place like planned. ShoutOut didn't waste a second and hit both men with her sonic scream. The two flew backward and hit a nearby car, which's alarm went off in process of the impact. While Ray quickly got up again, stating he was "okay", the other guy remained unconscious.