Concussion

Prompt(s): Concussion+ Slammed into wall

Warnings: Minor swearing, Mentions of blood

Published: 12. March 2021

Word Count: 2672

Checked with Grammarly.

It had been three months since they had last seen Chapa. They had, of course, looked for her at first, but it turns out, Chapa was a lot smarter than they had thought.

Ray only had a few contacts on the streets, but none of them knew where she was or refused to tell him.

Eventually, they gave up.

Chapa clearly didn't want to be found, so they might as well respect it.

Even if it hurt.

Ray felt like he had failed.

Not only Chapa but the whole team.

Chapa leaving was a wake-up call, like a truck hitting him square on.

But even without Chapa they still had a duty to fulfill.

"Chief Gunderson, what's going on?" Captain Man asked the Police Chief, looking up Swellview twoer like the many officers surrounding it.

"Ryan Cavill, a dishonorable dismissed Marine, barricaded himself on thetop of Swellview Tower and is threatening to blow up bombs he planted all over the city."

Well, that was quick, accurate, and terrifying.

"Could he be bluffing?" ShoutOut asked, her face serious.

"We don't think so. He has experience with explosives and knowledge of how to build them." The Chief continued, "There is no position where we could place a sniper and he would immediately see a helicopter through those big glass windows."

"Okay, we're going in. AWOL?"

"On it Cap." And just like that, they were gone.

Danger Force landed gracefully in front of a familiar face.

"You're the guy from the aquarium." ShoutOut said confused.

"And you're the girl who got killed by her own teammate," Ryan replied casually.

"Hold on what?!" Captain Man couldn't believe what he had just heard. The kids had only told him, that Mika's heart had stopped (which was bad), but not that someone from the team had been the cause.

Ryan ignored him and kept talking. "Where's she anyway? The red one actually put up a fight the last time." He laughed as the heroes visibly cringed. "Looks like I hit a sore spot over there."

"Can we just get to the fighting part?" AWOl asked annoyed, raising his fists.

"With pleasure."

The kids had learned from the last time and immediately attacked as a team. AWOL teleported behind him, but Ryan reacted quickly and grabbed him as soon as he reappeared. Ryan twisted the boy's wrist and threw him over his shoulder. Brainstorm jabbed at Ryan, while ShoutOut went for his legs. The Marine side stepped and the two heroes collided with each other. The criminal marched towards Captain Man and threw a hook, which the other man blocked. Captain Man countered and punched him in the chest. Ryan staggered back but kept his ground. Brainstorm came from behind, only to be met by Ryan's elbow. The blue-clad hero cried out in pain as his nose broke under the impact. Captain Man sprinted forward, his fist connecting with Cavill's jaw. His head snapped to the side.