Snippets from the Streets (Part 1)

Prompt(s): Black eye + Split lip; Backhandslap + Losing a tooth

Warnings: Minor swearing, Blood, Mentions of drugs

Published: 19. February 2021

Word Count: 2429

Checked with Grammarly.

a)Black eye + Split Lip

Chapa did just fine on her own.

And she certainly didn't need anyone.

At least that's what she told herself.

Chapa shifted against the brick wall, trying to find a more comfortable position.

"De Silva, es la hora!"

Chapa opened her eyes, pushing herself off the ground and coming face to face with Sergio Ramos*. Sergio was a young man of average height with coal-black hair and one of the biggest assholes in Swellview. He was a drug dealer, who used his contacts in Mexico to get the drugs into the country. He was a money-loving, selfish and cruel asshole without honor. He would do anything to make a profit.

Chapa despised him.

But she owed him money.

And after hearing, that she was back on the streets, it hadn't taken long for him to call in a favor.

There had been an inconvenience with one of his deliveries.

In English: Someone had stolen a box full of cocaine. And Sergio wanted it back at all cost.

He and Chapa left the warehouse they had been waiting in and started walking down the street.

This wasn't Chapa's first not-so-legal job. It may sound brutal, but kids being involved in stuff like drugs or robbery, wasn't exactly unusual in Swellview. The city had a huge homelessness problem since Captain Man and Kid Danger had blown up the Frittle Factory. Many people have either lost their job or all their money at the stock market. Besides the city hadn't even tried to help them.

The crime rate on the streets was high, since Captain Man didn't bother with such tiny things, and the police simply didn't give a shit or had the resources.

"Where are we going?" Chapa asked.

"Homeless shelter. Those bastards live there. We're going to pay them a visit and ask some questions."

"And you can't do that yourself or sent one of your goons because?"

"Well, you got herself quite a reputation by putting those two boys in the hospital. I heard the one whose leg you broke will never walk normally again."

Chapa didn't like the way Sergio answered. She had a bad feeling about this. It was too easy.

They entered the homeless shelter. The young man leads her towards the last room on the ground floor.

Sergio forcefully opened the door, the sound of it crashing into the wall, echoing through the hallway.

Two young boys, probably not older than Chapa herself, looked at them with a mix of shock and fear in their expression.

Sergio stomped forward and grabbed the taller boy by the front of his shirt, slamming him against the nearest wall.

"Where is it?" He asked in a low, threatening voice.