11. Sleepwalking

//This oneshot includes triggers, there's some domestic violence, so if you can relate even a bit or just otherwise feel uncomfortable reading that kind of stuff, SKIP//

It's another night in Neverland. Every Lost Boy is about to go to sleep, me as well. It has been an exhausting day. I feel like I'm the one who messes up things and is just on the way. That makes me feel extremely stressed. Peter and everyone seems to think that I'm just a burden.

Well okay, I might be overthinking again, but I can't help it.

I start to close my eyes while preparing to sleep. All I can think about is what I believe the Lost Boys think of me.

After a while of trying to get sleep and rotating in my place, I finally start to feel more calm.
Finally.

I wake up in the woods. I have no idea what I'm doing here. Suddenly, my legs start to carry me towards a treehouse. Peter's treehouse.

I climb up and see him sleeping. Then, a bright light blinds me for a second.

After that, I'm in the middle of the Lost Boys. Everyone is glaring and grinning at me. "You are a big disgrace! The worst Lost Boy, well a girl, we've ever had! You don't deserve to be with us!" They yell at me while tears stream down my face.

Then a bright light blinds me again.
For my surprise, I'm back at home. A horrible surprise.

"(Y/n)!" I hear a low and throaty voice.
My dad.

The memories of him, beating me with his belt come back at once. I remember the pain and touch my back. I can almost feel the scars. I can remember the pure fear I felt.

My dad never loved me. He wanted to get rid of me right after my mom died. He has a bad drinking problem.

Suddenly, I see him rushing towards me. I try to run, but my legs are not moving. He gets closer and closer. Then he grabs me with all of his strength and lifts me completely in the air.

"Let go of me!" I yell, now being more afraid than I've been for a long time. He just holds me tight in his arms and I'm preparing to be slammed against something. But nothing happens.

That same bright light comes back and then I open my eyes.

I'm awake.
Was that a dream?
I can still feel the tight grip, my fathers hands around me.
Wait.

Someone's actually holding me in his hands.
I turn around carefully, not wanting to wake up the person I'm in the same bed with.
My eyes widen and I gasp.

There's Peter, right next to me, sleeping so peacefully with his hands around me.
Holy shit.

I try to get up quietly, but he just tightens his grip and wraps his hands more around me. Then he pulls me closer.
I'm doomed.

I have no idea what to do right now. I just stay in my place, there's no escaping his grip. I feel kind of uncomfortable but also safe.

Peter is the one who saved me from my dad, after all. He made me his only Lost Girl and let me stay in Neverland. I'll be forever thankful.

"(Y/n)?" I hear a whisper. The grip around me softens and I turn to look at Peter.
Yeah he woke up.

"May I ask you, what are you doing in my bed?" He asks, being so confused.

What? I'm in his treehouse? How?

"Wait... this is your bed?" I ask, looking around me, trying to distinguish the place.

"Yes, this is my bed. Now please, answer my question." He continues.

My cheeks start to burn.
Oh my god.

"I- I don't know... I thought this is my tent..." I mutter, trying to get up. Peter takes my hand, stopping me. "I think you were sleepwalking." He says. I look at him. Could that be true? But I never sleepwalk!

"You have actually done this before... it was the first couple of days you were here, still thinking about the times your dad used to brutalize you. You did sleepwalk and I always had to get you back in your tent. This happened always when you... were having nightmares. More specifically, nightmares about your past. About your dad." He continues and explains. My heart is bouncing, while still remembering my dream I was still having a moment ago.

"Were you having a nightmare now? About your dad?" Peter asks, like he was reading my mind. I nod at him and look away.

"I'm sorry that I woke you up. I'm always such a burden, I would suggest you to take me back to my home... I guess... it would be better to all of you." I mutter and am about to leave, but he pulls me closer to him while standing up. He pulls me into a big hug.

"Do you really think that I would've kept you even a day more, if I had thought you were a burden? You never were and never will be. My lovely Lost Girl." He says with a calm voice.

Wow. I've probably never seen him being this nice and sweet and everything. He is always kinky and smirking all the time, but this is something new.

Tears start to stream down my face. He notices it and pulls me next to him, laying on his bed. He pulls me even closer, so close that I feel safe.

"No need to be afraid, love. I'm here for you and will always be." He whispers.
"Thank you, Peter." I whisper him back and then we both fall asleep.

All I see is happy dreams, not having even a single bad dream.
Right there. In his arms.