8. A Bloody Demon (Part 3/5)

//Let's see how many parts this will have :')//

Suddenly I hear a voice. "Why has Pan brought a girl in here? In Neverland?"

It sounded like it came from the water. I turn to face the water and gasp — there are two mermaids. I had only heard and read about mermaids while I was in the orphanage but I never thought they were real.

This place doesn't make any sense.

"Uhh... hi?" I say to them. They look at me coldly. "What are you doing here?" The other one asks. I look around me and then down.

"Honestly, I don't know. Pan's shadow forced me here." I tell them. "And now I can't leave this place because I drank water that's from here. From some waterfall inside a little mountain." I explain before they can say anything. They change looks and suddenly both of them smile at me.

"Dear, you actually can leave this place. Pan tricked you. He wants to keep you for some reason, but we can help you to escape." Says the other one of them. My eyes start to sparkle.

Is it still possible for me to get out of here?

"But... how? I've tried everything. There's no escaping this Neverland." I say to them, feeling confused but also excited.

"The reason you couldn't leave was because Pan used his magic while watching you. But if you leave with us, he won't be able to use his magic. We could help you to swim until you're back in well-known waters." The other one explains. I feel so happy right now.

"Would you do that for me? And what do you want in return?" I ask them. They change looks again. "We can do it for free. We understand you completely." The other one says. I smile at them happily.

Screw you Pan, see you later.

"So I just have to get in the water and you help me to swim to well-known waters?" I ask. They nodd and offer their hands. I take both of their hands and they guide me in the water.

All I can think about is a new family. All I ever wanted was a family. And now, I actually have the change to have one. I just don't understand why Pan had to trick me. And I believed him.

Suddenly the water gets deep very quickly. I have to swim from now on.

The mermaids are still holding my hands. "How long do we actually have to swim?" I ask. They both look at me and smirk. I can't help but to feel a little anxious.

Suddenly I feel something sharp against my wrists.

Wait.

The mermaids have the hold of me now, not the other way around. Their nails are scratching my wrists.

"Hey... could you be more careful with your nails? They're scratching my wrists and I'm pretty sure they're making wounds." I tell them, my heart beating faster second by second. I have a bad feeling about this. The mermaids smirk again and they start to swim faster. Actually so fast that my head goes underwater in between times.

"Hey... could you... slow down... a little?" I mumble, trying to get air and speak when my head's not underwater.

Suddenly they dive. I inhale as much air as I can and then hold my breath. They are just diving deeper and deeper into the sea. My heart is bouncing so fast it hurts.

This is not good.

I try to get out of their grip but they're stronger than me.

Suddenly I feel more sharp nails and hands all over my body. A plenty of mermaids have surrounded me. They're all pulling me deeper and deeper. I struggle and struggle but nothing helps.

I can't hold my breath any longer.

I open my mouth and feel the water entering my lugns. My eyes start to close and I stop struggling. My ears hurt so much and I just can't take it anymore.

Suddenly I see a figure diving towards me. My eyes are almost closed and the water is so dark that it's hard to see who or what it is. All the mermaids swim away from me and I feel two arms pulling me towards the surface. My sight is dizzy but then we reach the surface just in time.

I spat out all the water I can from my lugns and gasp for breath. I feel so weak. Then I realize that I'm on someonse arms in the bridal style. I look at my savior and then get shocked.

Pan.

"Are you stupid? Why would you try to kill yourself?" Pan asks and sounds a little angry.
"I wasn't trying to kill myself! I was trying to escape this bloody island! Those mermaids promised that they'd help me." I explain, feeling annoyed. Pan smirks.

"And you decided to trust the mermaids?" He says with a mocking tone in his voice. "They're one of the most betraying and evil species. And you trust them." He continues and chuckles.

"Well, all I've heard and read about them is positive stuff, like they should be like angels!" I defend myself. Pan chuckles again. "Yeah total angels." He says sarcastically. I grin at him and look away. "A "thank you" would be nice at this point." Pan says.

I hate the fact that he is right. He saved me from the mermaids. He saved my life.

"Thank you." I say to him and stay quiet after that, feeling a little embarrassed. "And you know, this was a win for me. We're now even, 1-1." Pan continues. I growl, but I know he's right.

After a moment, we land on the beach. "Now how about the one who wins the next "game" gets to decide what happens to you. If I win, you'll join the Lost Boys and if you win, your destiny is up to you. But no, it was not a lie that you can't get out of here. You have to stay on the island, but there are many places." Peter suggests. I sigh. "Deal." I tell him. Right now, I actually want this to end.

All the dreams about family and home come back. They hit me so hard that I feel water in my eyes.

Pan is about to leave, turning his back on me. This is the point where I can't keep this in. I burst into tears completely and fall on my knees. I've tried to play tough since I got in here, but all my dreams make me extremely sensitive. This has also been a long day and I just can't take it anymore. I bury my face in my hands and cry out loud. At this point I don't care if Pan sees me being "weak".

Suddenly I feel a hand wrapped around me. "Please don't cry." I hear a voice saying.

Pan.

What?

Peter Pan has wrapped his hand around me and just said something calmly.

"Like you cared." I mutter and try to move further away from him. Then he does something unexpectable. He pulls me closer to him, refusing to let me go.

"Let go of me!" I spat through my tears. "No. You need to calm down first." He says with a stubborn tone in his voice. "Now tell me, what's wrong?" He continues, keeping me still while I'm trying to struggle myself out of his hands.

"It's none of your business, okay? And you wouldn't understand me anyways." I tell him, now more calmly. "And what are you even doing? Like you cared about me? You have already proved that you are just a demon in a boys disguise and you don't care about how other people feel." I say, feeling uncomfortable.

"That's how you think of me? I get it though." He just says. "But a beautiful girl like you shouldn't be crying." He continues. I think my heart skips a beat. "What did you say?" I ask, now surprised. "Nothing." He says, being embarrassed.

"Did you just call me beautiful?" I ask. "No." He says and stands up. "I see that you're feeling better, I'll leave now. Our game's over, do what you want." He presents and then disappears.

What just happened?

Am I free now?

Why is he acting like that all so suddenly?

Many questions are running in my head. I can't find any explanation that would make sense.

What is going on in here?

I feel my cheeks. They're actually burning a little bit. This is the first time he actually acts nice towards me and it makes butterflies in my stomach. I don't know why or how, but it does.